VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi hoping for some help with my EPS fault, the light came on two weeks ago I took the van to the dealers for a service they had a look at the fault code and said it was a brake pressure sensor fault and wont reset? they then said they need to hook it up to the diagnostics rig for 2 hours @ £75/hour to find out exactly what was causing the fault. After reading the forums here I downloaded VCDS-lite and purchased a lead from ebay, I ran the scan on the ABS tab and heres what it said.
1 Fault Found:
01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201)
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit
Any ideas where to start?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info/link it sounds like the sensor in the abs module.... expesive! going to take it to CPC auto electrics in Telford to see what they think £30+vat to do a scan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestion Sweety but just got back from CPC and they recon it's a faulty brake pressure sensor located under the master cylinder. £70+vat for the part total including diagnostics and fitting will be £140+vat. I'll take it back tomorrow for fitting. I’ll let you know if it fixes the fault

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well CPC were spot on with there snap-on diadnostics, it was the master cylinder brake pressure sensor. Thank god it wasn't the ABS unit. Thanks all for your help

·
Registered
64 Posts
hello guys I need help
I have vw t5 caravella
2003 2.5 tdi 174 bhp
light come esp on dash
and I can pass mot
also i use ross tech to scane
come fault
Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 7H0-907-37x-ESP-F.lbl
Part No: 7H0 907 379 L
Component: ESP FRONT MK25 0203
Coding: 0006187
Shop #: WSC 00485 210 91425
VCID: 3E7380396A8C3BEEA6F-5122

1 Fault Found:
00814 - Solenoid for Brake Pressure (N247)
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit

i replace the solenoid on servo
and light still on
any one know what to do

·
Registered
426 Posts
Check the wiring to the part you changed.

The fault code is saying that there is an electrical fault in the circuit - this is not necessarily a fault in the solenoid itself.
Look up the circuit diagram, and check the circuit is good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts