VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
right, iv just sifted through 100 pages of "banded steel club" and not really found what i want :(
iv been running std springs for ages now, and used to the nice smooth ride with the big tyre combo.

but, it looks dogga

iv got some 7.5j merc 16" steels et41 , im looking for a nice wide band (as wide as poss) dont mind wedges etc but, i point blank refuse to go down the old route of

"oh my god, theres a f___ing manhole cover, brace yourselves"

i previously had 18" wheels, running red springs.

i did try the eibachs for a few miles but never really bedded them in before i sold them on.

what do you guys reccommend? i.e tyre size, band width, total et, and lowered'ness... if thats a real term

my vans a full camper, heavyweight conversion (rnr, units, roof, roof box etc)

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
right, iv just sifted through 100 pages of "banded steel club" and not really found what i want :(
iv been running std springs for ages now, and used to the nice smooth ride with the big tyre combo.

but, it looks dogga

iv got some 7.5j merc 16" steels et41 , im looking for a nice wide band (as wide as poss) dont mind wedges etc but, i point blank refuse to go down the old route of

"oh my god, theres a f___ing manhole cover, brace yourselves"

i previously had 18" wheels, running red springs.

i did try the eibachs for a few miles but never really bedded them in before i sold them on.

what do you guys reccommend? i.e tyre size, band width, total et, and lowered'ness... if thats a real term

my vans a full camper, heavyweight conversion (rnr, units, roof, roof box etc)
Sale them and get some Vito 6j x 16 et 53,6.5j x 16 et60 or t4 6j x 16 et53 steels and use them instead,those ain't no good for big bands...2inch max band on the rear with them...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the max band you can go with a et60 si?

Iv still got the grabbers fitted on them, might use them for winter wheels and get some vitos and band them..

Oh, also, I pm'd you ages ago about the bolts, you didn't reply.. :-/ I still want some!

·
Registered
343 Posts
As colese said sell em, if you want a good bamd they really are the wrong wheels, you'd only get away with a 1 inch band 1 1/2 would be a push, I'm running vito 16 rims 8.5 front 9.5 rear w7th a drop of 100mm but, I've had to drop the tyre size to 195/55 x16 (check it out)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
As colese said sell em, if you want a good bamd they really are the wrong wheels, you'd only get away with a 1 inch band 1 1/2 would be a push, I'm running vito 16 rims 8.5 front 9.5 rear w7th a drop of 100mm but, I've had to drop the tyre size to 195/55 x16 (check it out)
Gotta love the Red Baron! respect :)A:T:A:T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts