VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
One picture i allready found :
The GolfII with 9" wide on the back

And a picture of my friend's T4 with 10"x18" on the back , and a nice drop :)

S

·
0 Posts
If ur after the euro look, have a chat to swordfish on here... Top lad, runs 18s (poss 19's) with stretched rubber... Monoblock rims with a home made front bumper... Looks insane... Closest to a euro bus i think this forum's got... Good matey of his ratboy was running stretched rubber last summer, so might wanna have a chat to him too...

Well funny when u scroll thru a random post and a pic of ur own van pops up... never had that before... LOL:

Oh, and 85mm is the way to go... Ur ass takes a hell of a beating on long journeys, but looks awesome... Was thinking of dropping down to 16's myself.. But bit worried that they won't fill the arches as much... T4 arches are so wide that there'll be a massive gap...

Jono :ILU:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
thought i had replied to this thread but have not LOL:

i have mine sat here waiting to go on when get the van back from paint front are 9.5x15 rear are 10" will be running stretched tyres .

running a 85mm kit and wide 15" is ok but i wanted to go lower so the shocks have been custom made , bought the 85mm kit ages ago but thought would go lower so ended up having them alterd in the states .

all in all will be around 140mm drop as going to remove the seat cushions on top of the springs to get that extra 10mm .

to go real low you need to pull the archs and flare them if your going wide , mine are quite wide now .

i got my wheels from germany as they are kite marked basiclly meaning they are legal and m.o.t stations and police cant say fook all .

·
Registered
643 Posts
that van would look much better on a -85 kit imo:ILU:
*<:)>
its already gone to the max drop before needing to bag or hydraulic. the front bars have about 10mm of thread left on them and the rear springs have been custom cut with one off cups........ 14 " players fitted with 185 60 rubber - wings extended to suit.

runs around 12" lower than a standard van. hard as :* ride but i dont mind that

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
One picture i allready found :

And a picture of my friend's T4 with 10"x18" on the back , and a nice drop :)

I have to say that even with the optical effect given by the bodykit, that does look nicely low.A:

If you want to go really wide then, pulled and modded arches or some kind of kit are the way to go and remember in extreme case's major negative camber can be your friend.

However, even without the camber 10's on the back arn't that much of a problem, with 10x18 and even 10x19's
with up to 275/30 to 40 rubber being used on the continent. It just doesn't seem to have caught on here yet.

But you never know;) Oh and don't forget the side door spacer :D

Cheers Billet

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have to say that even with the optical effect given by the bodykit, that does look nicely low.A:
Yes , it IS really low : in the back it's permanently on the (shortened) bumpstops
, and on the front the bumpstops are removed , and the upper suspention-arm is touching the chassis constantly .
Not really healty , i know , but "no pain , no gain" :D

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
yes , it is really low : In the back it's permanently on the (shortened) bumpstops
, and on the front the bumpstops are removed , and the upper suspention-arm is touching the chassis constantly .
Not really healty , i know , but "no pain , no gain" :d

That's got to be harsh, very hard to live with on a daily basis but looks the nuts. respect to that man

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's got to be harsh, very hard to live with on a daily basis but looks the nuts. respect to that man
Yes it is , especially when you know the guy was using this Caravelle as his daily work van (and towed a 2000kg-trailer with it )
Now a days he uses a lwb T5 (on 10"x20" alloys) as his work van .
The red Caravelle is now barely used , only occassionally in the weekend to cruise around.
;)

S

·
0 Posts
all this talk of banded steels hey... ha ha... does anyone actually have a pic of 15" or 16" banded steels or alloys with stretched rubber on their van? Never actually seen one... What i can't get my head round is the gap that there must be between rim and arch? not from top of arch to tyre, but from side of tyre to side of arch? Surely massive? Unless ur running something like a 60 profile tyre, which tbh in my view would be ****!? :ILU:

·
Registered
643 Posts
not sure if this will help but i have just fitted 7 & 1/2 wide wheels with an ET42 offset. the rear edge of the wheel is close to the back but no clearance issues or scrubbing when on full lock - and my panel is very low

21 - 40 of 61 Posts