VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last years was about 70 pound with a company called "Together Insurance"

They don't do older vehicles now they tell me (over 15 years I think) so tried RAC today quote was nearly 200!

Any recommendations guys? Leaving Sunday for 5 weeks round Spain/France so left this a bit late!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you travelling on the tunnel?

I took the insurance that was offered by Eurotunnel when I went over to France / Spain and I'm pretty certain it was the AA that provided it anyway.

Can't say if it's any good though as I never needed it fortunately :)

I was also quoted £100 per week by the RAC and I already pay for their most expensive UK cover!!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Indeed they do offer a good service and a good price.How ever there is a thread on here saying that they are no longer taking members from the UK.Always worth a call and ask

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, RAC now quoted me 162 after a bit of haggling funny that, will try the ACDC lot

Not travelling on the tunnel, Going Via Newhaven Dieppe LOVE that ferry as its still cheap (sometimes u can get it for 50 pound off peak) and if your travelling anywhere South in Europe (i.e south france and Spain) it knocks off 2 hours distance from Calais. Also I only have to drive half hour to Newhaven from where I am and not 2 hours to Dover so its like the driving only really starts from Dieppe.

CHeers

·
Registered
154 Posts
Have you tried your insurance company? I insure with LV, and they added full UK and European breakdown and recovery for me and Mrs B (personal cover, so any vehicle you happen to be travelling in) for just £84.

I've used a few different insurers, but LV have been the best so far for value and being really helpful on the end of the phone. Highly recommended.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts