VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get european breakdown cover for a two week holiday to france, obviously i'll be in the camper:ILU:

Can anyone recommend a company?

·
Registered
152 Posts
i use green flag and the cover i have got is for individual driver cover for myself and my better half what ever car we are driving including europe, acomadation, courtesy car, chaufier, roadside, relay and all the other bits costs me 20.00 a month.
sorry about the spelling i did go to school honest.:(

·
Registered
450 Posts
Full Cover incl. Europe: Quoteline Direct £59

Phone and web broker Quotelinedirect* has an exclusive deal with Europ Assistance for a £59 annual 'AutoService' policy covering any individual vehicle (less than 20 years old) for a year. This includes home-start, and onward travel for passengers, plus up to 90 days a year cover in Europe. However bear in mind you won't be covered within Europe for the first ten days of the policy.

http://www.quotelinedirect.co.uk/?INRN

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Forget everyone else. Brittania Rescue do full UK and European cover for the year for less than a Euro only single trip from AA RAC an Green Flag and they wont charge extra for older vehicles. There is no limit on the age of the van either!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Forget everyone else. Brittania Rescue do full UK and European cover for the year for less than a Euro only single trip from AA RAC an Green Flag and they wont charge extra for older vehicles. There is no limit on the age of the van either!
How much does that cost JIMMYJAMES? I thought 'Quote Line Direct' were by far the cheapest for Europe travel?

·
Registered
450 Posts
EDIT: Best I can get from 'Britannia Rescue' is UK & European Assist from £130. Assist sounds like towing to the nearest garage and not home too.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
EDIT: Best I can get from 'Britannia Rescue' is UK & European Assist from £130. Assist sounds like towing to the nearest garage and not home too.
Mine was about £65 for the year with full Euro cover, i was shocked as everyone else wanted 150-180 quid for the single trip. I did get a good discount with the civil service motoring association but even without it would have been way less than £100

Click here to see what you get included. its got to be worth a call. Next cheapest was JustKampers!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ok i'll have to admit I think 'Quotelinedirect £59' are by faaaaaar the better deal I:

Looking at 'Britannia Rescue'. It's £130 (can't get it any cheaper by the looks of it) and looking at the small print they will only tow you 10miles (nearest garage) if in Europe. From what I can gather 'Quotelinedirect' will tow you back to the UK!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
£47.95 breakdown direct

Gives 30 days of cover and a very good level of cover. It was the best value I could find and the cheapest, it says no vans!
I saelected Transporter from the drop downs and after a couple of emails with their helpful staff I was coverwed.

hope this helps

·
Registered
450 Posts
Does that also cover you for 1 yr in the UK 'van quish'?

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Its an interesting thread this. The only stumbling block i had was the age of my van (nearly 15 years old) which is why Brittania Rescue were so good. The AA would do the single trip but wanted £180 for the two weeks. Has anyone else found age an issue?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts