Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear All

It is with great regret that I have to announce that this years annual T-Festival is being cancelled due to lack of numbers at the proposed new venue of The Gaydon Motor Museum.

The decision to cancel the event is not one I have taken lightly, but I wanted to give people as much notice as possible to find alternates for the August Bank Holiday weekend.

The numbers have spoken for themselves, just as the last time we changed the venue from Beaulieu, the move to a different venue has not proved as popular.

The decision to cancel the show is not related to the recent change of ownership, having the annual event and running it successfully at Beaulieu over the past 5 years has been an enjoyable experience for me and my family. I look forward to a return to Beaulieu next year.

A full refund will be sent out within the next working day all those who have purchased tickets.

Once again I apologise for having to cancel this at such short notice.

Kind Regards

Jimbo

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Me and the family always looked forward to Beaulieu. Great location and a well organised event. Sorry Jimbo but the new location didn't interest us.
Look forward to Beaulieu 2016. :ILU:

·
T4 Custom trailer maker
1,916 Posts
The idea of gaydon was great as nearly central uk.. also a great venue. I have my own reasons for loving beaulieu so look forward to returning there.
Real shame this year is cancelled but completely understandable.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Ahhh mannnn :(

Not a happy bunny. Was sooooo looking forward to this.
People moaned that Beaulieu was too far south and excluded a whole lot of people- and when it gets moved to a central venue you can't shift the tickets :*

Bummer, x

·
This isn't Facebook you know
7,009 Posts
Before you all get excited about Beaulieu 2016 may I point out I will be there Rasp:

I might even see if T4 Ted wants to go I:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I remember not so long ago that the same lack of interest nearly had the same affect on Wurzledubs this year, but instead of just pulling the plug we were all told in no uncertain terms that if deposits were not paid by a certain date to confirm interest then it would be cancelled.

Then it sold out.

I like many leave it till the last minute to get tickets to anything, often to find they are sold out, but that's the way I roll, and it's not that I'm not Interested, it's that my head is full of other stuff to do, then I remember tickets, get on the PC , see a load of emails to work through, forget tickets again, repeat same process over again.

It's a 145 miles for me to get there and we were still coming, as was another family in their T4.

Trying now to find another event up that way as we had have planned an organised an important event the Thursday before in Warwick which can't be cancelled or postponed.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Dare I say it, maybe it was the show itself? CamperJam is held centrally(ish) and was sold out I think. Thousands and thousands of people there, some even from Germany I think.

That said, holding a show in the middle of the summer holidays may exclude a lot of people as you'd think they might be off somewhere holidaying in the van!

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dare I say it, maybe it was the show itself? CamperJam is held centrally(ish) and was sold out I think. Thousands and thousands of people there, some even from Germany I think.

That said, holding a show in the middle of the summer holidays may exclude a lot of people as you'd think they might be off somewhere holidaying in the van!
Yes indeed, in previous years, Beaulieu had been the week before the Bank holiday weekend, but Bank Holiday wknd was the only weekend free for Gaydon, in hind sight, not the best choice.

Oh and comparing it to Camper Jam is a bit unfair as this was only ever a show for the Forum, not advertised elsewhere

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.