VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much sleep last night, got some gardening to get done before it gets too hot today so cracked on ...managed to crash the mower into a tree cracking one side panel , then 10 mins later the drive belt jumped off and i blistered my arm on the exhaust putting it back on . ....then i managed to graze the wall with it putting the mower back away. 🤦‍♂️
The strimmer then died and couldn't get the damn thing to go again .
So i jacked it all in early and gave up for the day .
With time on my hands i thought i'd polish my newly painted mirror backs before fitting them....these came up super shiny , really impressed with the finish :cool:.
With this to spur me on i removed the old unpainted mirror back on the offside and yes you guessed it i broke all the clips!! 😩
I'm gonna shut myself away in a darkened room and hope for a better day tomorrow 🤞

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not much sleep last night, got some gardening to get done before it gets too hot today so cracked on ...managed to crash the mower into a tree cracking one side panel , then 10 mins later the drive belt jumped off and i blistered my arm on the exhaust putting it back on . ....then i managed to graze the wall with it putting the mower back away. 🤦‍♂️
The strimmer then died and couldn't get the damn thing to go again .
So i jacked it all in early and gave up for the day .
With time on my hands i thought i'd polish my newly painted mirror backs before fitting them....these came up super shiny , really impressed with the finish :cool:.
With this to spur me on i removed the old unpainted mirror back on the offside and yes you guessed it i broke all the clips!! 😩
I'm gonna shut myself away in a darkened room and hope for a better day tomorrow 🤞
To quote Kevin bloody Wilson you've had an absolute c**** of a day then ?

·
Team Silver
107 Posts
Day off tomorrow so i reckon a decent nights sleep followed by a day out and about tomorrow should be all good ...
Although the forecast looks 'interesting ' .
Time to order the new wing mirror bottoms then mate.... hope you get a decent day out - at least it’s a bit milder than yesterday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks mate , yeah new bottom plastics needed now :rolleyes:.
Is there a knack to getting them on ?
Ive worked out how not to remove them . 😊

·
Team Silver
107 Posts
Thanks mate , yeah new bottom plastics needed now :rolleyes:.
Is there a knack to getting them on ?
Ive worked out how not to remove them .
Yeah - there is a knack to it - they go really easy - it’s just coming off they are a pig :)

Literally a two minute job to put the bottom on, line it all up and then clip on the tops... piece of cake - you’ll be at beer o’clock in no time!!

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nothing is ever a 2 minute job with me i managed to mis-align the clips on the drivers side when i fitted the brand new tops last time and break 2 of the clips off 😣..
Must be less ham fisted this time

·
Team Silver
107 Posts
Nothing is ever a 2 minute job with me i managed to mis-align the clips on the drivers side when i fitted the brand new tops last time and break 2 of the clips off ..
Must be less ham fisted this time
From memory - and that’s not the most reliable nowadays - if you push the mirror halfway up you can slide the bottom on a bit easier and then flip it down in to place when putting the top on...

#thesestatementsdontmakemeliableifyouhamfistit

·
Team Silver
107 Posts
From memory - and that’s not the most reliable nowadays - if you push the mirror halfway up you can slide the bottom on a bit easier and then flip it down in to place when putting the top on...

#thesestatementsdontmakemeliableifyouhamfistit

Strike that...
#notliablefullstop

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
You’re bad luck is catching mate...

Having a nice productive afternoon, window switch didn’t work, window it half way down now, snapped a clip on the door handle and my front door key has broken off in the door!

·
Team Silver
107 Posts
You’re bad luck is catching mate...

Having a nice productive afternoon, window switch didn’t work, window it half way down now, snapped a clip on the door handle and my front door key has broken off in the door!

Omg - I am not doing any more on mine for a week just in case it’s catching....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts