VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all.

I've got a set of the airbags for the rear suspension of a T4, as fitted to the AA T4's. They are still fitted to my van, but if anyone wants them, they can have them for free. the only proviso is that you come and give me a hand getting them off!

They appear to be in good condition, no leaks, hold pressure etc....

I'm based in North Wales.

Andy

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hey Andy,
Yes please as think mine are on the way out.

How quick so you want to do this as I'm stuck for the next 2 weekends..?

Cheers
Carl.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Carl,

I'm in no great rush, although it would be nice to get them off sooner rather than later. I want to see how much the van settles without them, so I can decide which rear springs I need for lowering purposes. I want to get all that sorted in time for my wedding in October, so anytime this month would be great!

I'm about most evenings if that is of any use? Failing that I am about this weekend, but not the one after...

Cheers
Andy

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
The airbags don't really do much - unless there's air in them. You won't get any sag. The HD rear springs (pink blobs) are rock solid - two of us standing on one of them & it barely moved!
It took me a whole hour to remove my airbags complete & replace the springs too.

I'm currently running -50mm, but that might be a bit low for one of the tracks in Cornwall I go down all the time.

ATB
Neill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts