VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the electric gubbins under the drivers seat is in my ex AA, and, more importantly, can I remove it without fear of my van turning into a pumkin?:confused:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, there's potential here for a major head ache! Mine's a 03 plate - will I still be ok Spanner Monkey? What year is yours and have you taken yours out?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spanner Monkey; you da man! It's been bugging me for ages - last remnants of it being a commercial vehicle. Passenger seat now replaced with a captain's single with all the gubbins under that one in the bin. Now it's time for the driver's seat... now where's my snips? Thanks once again...A: Thanks for others' comments too...T:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Solid State box has now been removed with a little bit of rewiring to retain the use of the flouro lights. Haven't removed the wiring loom - too scary for me - so have bundled the wires together, sealed them into an old icecream container that has been sprayed matt black, and zip tied the box to the inside of the seat base. Nice and tidy, almost invisible, and leaves me with useful space under the seat. Before lobbing the solid state box, I removed all the fuses which I recon may come handy. Ta da!

·
Registered
422 Posts
hey guys, old thread resurrection here.

when you say you whipped out the box.. do you mean you literally just snipped it out locally, or that you tracked back to the battery and removed from there to the box...?

does that make sense?

cheers!

·
Registered
659 Posts
You can do it either way but personally I removed the red anderson plug from the box which is the power supply and traced it back to the battery and removed the lot, It all depends if you have a use for yet another permanent live in your van, there are plenty to choose from in the fuse box already. I removed all of the Ex AA wiring as I dont like the idea of unused wiring hanging around in the van, if you strip your van out youll find it very easy to remove it all. if your van is an early one youll need to make sure you dont snip out the maple immobiliser though, dont know much about these as mine is a later one so Ive never seen one. hope this helpsT:

·
Registered
422 Posts
sorry yeh im on a 53 plate so not too early!

battery drainging issues are a bit of a pain for me as the van is getting less and less use since my operation... thought i'd do what i could in the short term to alleviate the problem.

will whip off tha naderson connector to the box and see if that helps!

cheers

·
Registered
422 Posts
ha ha! that was my original question on the main page! do we reckon it will be ok to whip the two fuses out? anything i should be wary of?

·
Registered
422 Posts
all yanked out. van still starts. also the blue light no key button still works. which was my favourite feature... winner!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts