VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10,600 Posts
You cant bypass the immobiliser on a 2.5 tdi. Try changing relay 109 first, if that doesn't fix it you may need to get the keys re coded to the immobiliser.

·
Registered
6 Posts
changed the relay and had the local locksmith out with his machine says its not recognising the key and wont reprogram it. it driving me mental lol how can the immo be bypassed? ive also tried removing the cut off slinoid from the pump

·
Registered
6 Posts
T4 2.5 TDI 75KW I think the engine code is RCY??? Its the one pictured it was a build by JJ Conversions in 2001 with the towing dolly firbreglass rear and all the other fancy dodads.

·
Registered
27 Posts
no more posts on this unless its adding to the sticky technically please guys
Do any of you guys know how much of the AA electrics can be pulled out? and or what is worth keeping in when converting to day camper? so far removed computer cables etc from under the seats and some sort of push button fittings that were on the rear doors!? i have been told that the maple unit is best left alone, connected to all sorts of stuff by the sounds of it? any advice appreciated.
Rog

·
Registered
10,600 Posts
Yes, you can yank it all out, including the Maple stuff. You will need to reinstate the circuits that have been cut for the immobilising.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have had an immobiliser experience,had the hawk one removed,of course the guy fixing it traced it to the relay,thought he'd fixed it,when he lifted the fuse box,it wouldn't start again,hopefully the electrician who's got it now will re programme it,and the keys,and she'll be ok,everything crossed!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Uspex,i'm having a bad experience with my van,vw have matched the ecu to the vehicle,but are now struggling with the bloody keys!,the whole thing has needed tele diagnosis(warning people,this can take ages,in short mech speaks to vw techs in milton keynes,but he is in a queue and has to wait for a slot for a couple of hours technical advice),she's only had 30 hours labour on her in 10 days:eek:so may have to ask for a definite solution,because it's obvious they're really struggling,could anyone else do it faster,could they send an engineer from mk with the correct software to sort it out,seems they are in "rocket science" country?i've been in touch with customer services twice,the end is near i hope:*,and it may be time to get a decision from them to finish the job off,i've even spoken to the guy working on her,he wants to finish the job,but at every step he struggles.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The problem has been narrowed down to the keys or the immobiliser,having been to vw and spoken to the tech working on her he found a broken loom wire,fixed that,got her started,but ecu wouldn't read the other key,so just a couple more tests and we should have the answer:).

·
Registered
134 Posts
i have a 1999 ex aa van,
and im having issues with my battery keeping its charge,
when not being used often.

i want to get rid of all the gubbins under the seat,
can i ? what do i have to keep?
can i just unplug it all and be alright?

thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
The problem has been narrowed down to the keys or the immobiliser,having been to vw and spoken to the tech working on her he found a broken loom wire,fixed that,got her started,but ecu wouldn't read the other key,so just a couple more tests and we should have the answer:).
Ok,the tech explained the following,i have a hybrid electrical system,between 2 versions of T4's,half an original system and half a newer system,the software at VW was too advanced now for my baby,so immobiliser and key have to be replaced too,easiest and simplest way to do it,because only one of my old keys worked,ecu wouldn't read the other,apparently old golfs have had the same key and immobiliser problem,one of the head office techs suggested it,once my man had toothcombed through all other permutations,there was a broken loom wire too,so all in all,a real result,and she starts again!,happy days:D,get her back soon.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok,the tech explained the following,i have a hybrid electrical system,between 2 versions of T4's,half an original system and half a newer system,the software at VW was too advanced now for my baby,so immobiliser and key have to be replaced too,easiest and simplest way to do it,because only one of my old keys worked,ecu wouldn't read the other,apparently old golfs have had the same key and immobiliser problem,one of the head office techs suggested it,once my man had toothcombed through all other permutations,there was a broken loom wire too,so all in all,a real result,and she starts again!,happy days:D,get her back soon.
A big thankyou goes out to Volkswagen,they worked long and hard to get my van back on the road,the final repair bill was £2000,ecu,keys,immobiliser,they had her for 3 weeks,it should've been a lot moreI:,ordered some graphics for her,must get the front end sprayed,mirrors matched in,so nice to have her back!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi again i posted on here ages ago about a suspect immo problem:mad: had to send it all the way to carlisle vw and still no joys does anyone on here have any more ideas all help would be much apreciated.

Heres whats been done already.
109 relay
key reader coil
key chip ( aparently there wasnt one in it so god knows how it started for the past 4 years)
all wiring to pump
new battery

and alot of swearing lol

Has anyone else had this much bother?

Btw its a T4 tdi ex aa lwb with the fibreglass rear end and towing dolly and turning out to be a right old pain.:(

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi again i posted on here ages ago about a suspect immo problem:mad: had to send it all the way to carlisle vw and still no joys does anyone on here have any more ideas all help would be much apreciated.

Heres whats been done already.
109 relay
key reader coil
key chip ( aparently there wasnt one in it so god knows how it started for the past 4 years)
all wiring to pump
new battery

and alot of swearing lol

Has anyone else had this much bother?

Btw its a T4 tdi ex aa lwb with the fibreglass rear end and towing dolly and turning out to be a right old pain.:(
I had these problems with my January 2001 t4 ex AA
Cost to much in the end and I got rid . Shame as she was a beast , but all your coments seem far too familiar ,

·
Registered
809 Posts
I had a problem with my ex aa 2001 T4, for some reason it just would not start totally dead. Leave it a while then it would go as if nothing happened then I sussed it the lead to the coil on the starter was corroded/loose removed refitted and the van started, Once I recrimped the starter solenoid connections I never had the problem again. Good luck

·
Registered
35 Posts
on the immobaliser problem, you need to send off your ecu to be' flashed' to take the immobaliser off permantly, cost £75, Im sending my unit away shortly and will let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi fellasI got an ex AA van still with the jump start connections etc (and apparently still with all the wiring left in behind the paneling..) - where would I find this jump lead switch and/or after reading your posts is it just something I should keep well away from??? What else can I use it for, camper speaking?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just bought an ex AA van last week it drove home fine, not started it up since Saturday gone to start it today and nothing!

No lights on dash, turn key and nothing happens, something has drained battery, didnt leave lights on play around with jump start switch:*

21 - 39 of 39 Posts