VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
181 - 192 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
My van has 0.26 injectors, blanked EGR valve, remapped and a modded new turbo with LT35 fins. It's rapido from naught to eighty. but she wont go any more than 90 mph. I know I don't need more than 90 but is there an engine problem here or did the AA vans have a restrictor on the engine
Mine is a bit 'back endy' as in the acceleration isn't fantastic at first.

As stated before, gets about 110mph (allegedly), but the smoke that comes out the back makes it look like James Bond's smokescreen button got pushed by mistake - can't see anything behind me - not even car headlights at night (allegedly).

On the other hand, this could be the actual effect of reaching warpspeed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The clockspring / cancellation ring went on my 2001 ex aa 2.5tdi

Part no. 7D0959653
Unfortunately this part goes for £150ish 2nd hand.

Fortunately Stevens VW dismantlers have part
1H0959653
which is for an old VW Jetta which WORKS in my - for £15inc.

Good luck and Britcivic posted this one first. Thanks fella

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks now i to know how to work red button
any idea and how switch on the alarm
and how to turn off please
again when i got van lady said it was something to do with red button but i never got round to sorting it

·
Full of Cr*p....
10,029 Posts
Standard 120 or maybe the 150 amp models.
Both are 14.4 volts.

Shouldn't matter either way if you use a 140 amp VSR for the split charger. (With 100 amp fuses at each end of the 16-25mm cable....MUST have those fuses as close to each battery as possible!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Standard 120 or maybe the 150 amp models.
Both are 14.4 volts.

Shouldn't matter either way if you use a 140 amp VSR for the split charger. (With 100 amp fuses at each end of the 16-25mm cable....MUST have those fuses as close to each battery as possible!)

Brilliant thank you for the help! That might be why our 25amp fuses are blowing aha !

181 - 192 of 192 Posts