VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My first post. Hopefully in the right area.

After getting on for 20 years talking about getting a van I've finally done it. My Yreg BMW has started to flash every warning light it's got. I've just bought a Transporter T32 130 LWB Kombi and I can't stop smiling. Drove it to work yesterday and couldn't care less about any work woes. Driving back - the same. Can't believe I've waited so long.

No plans for conversion or modification as yet. The plan so far is to drive around with my equally excited 6 year old son. Go camping, fishing and just generally have fun.

Any tips on mending the screen washer would be appreciated. From the sounds of things the jets may be blocked and the pipe may have subsequently blown off the pump.

Today we're driving around for no reason. GoOutdoors and ToysRUs most likely.

Cheers

Mat

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome. Enjoy the rush. A: Bought my T32 130 LWB Kombi in Dec and when it is on the road it is just fantastic. T:

·
Registered
698 Posts
enjoy & say goodbye to any savings, theres always something to buy for the van, but i wouldn't be without mine. i'm off to dubfreeze today to join up with the t4 unstable people, its like care in the community (oh and to buy loads of stuff i can't afford). welcome to the forum hsy:

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Hello matt, and welcome to the forum, glad your enjoying your vanT:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Dubfreeze looks interesting. If you see a silver kombi with steel wheels and two giggling boys inside, that's us

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excited Newbie - 1 year in ...

Well the year has gone very quick. The old BMW died and I've had a whale of a time with van being my only vehicle. Trouble is I cant remember when I last even opened the back. At first I filled it with toys, kites, camping gear, stove etc. Now its full of stuff. Anything of mine my wife doesn't want in the house - stick it in the van!

I would really value any advice of how to fit a false floor. I have a few ideas myself but would be grateful if I could learn from your experience/mistakes :)

I was thinking a 2x2 wood frame and thick ply but my mind is open to all ideas.

May be going to Dubfreeze

Thanks

Mat

·
Registered
5 Posts
A:A:Rasp:hi .
i finally got the courage to sign up . I got the bug 9 years ago when i bought a t4 panel van for work. In 06 i replaced it with a t5 in which i was so impressed i changed our family ford galaxy for a t5 shuttle last year. I also have a 95 t4 pick up workhorse 2.4 .I do most of my own services and repairs and hope to be some help to some of ye and visa versa and by the way its called a shuttle in ireland [8 seater] is it the same in GB :

1 - 14 of 14 Posts