VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my choices? There seems to be few and far between a cheap £50 job and £300 stainless. I've got a 2.4D so its not for performance, more looks/sound....

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hello. I would recomend you go for a Stainless system. I have had my Camper for more than 8 years now and made the mistake of not going for Stainless. Over the years I have paid more than I would have paid for a Stainless system. :(

I got my front pipe replaced with a PP decat about a year and a half ago and I'm very happy with it. Now I just need to get a Stainless system for the mid and back.

John.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi - how do these changes affect the new M.o.T. regs ( about decatting) that are coming out in January 2012 ? If it's good to go, I may well invest in a stainless one.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
There is nothing set in stone for this, if it does come in it looks like to only affect vehicle's registered after 2008 but as i said nothing in stone yet. T:

·
Registered
656 Posts
What are my choices? There seems to be few and far between a cheap £50 job and £300 stainless. I've got a 2.4D so its not for performance, more looks/sound....[/QUOTE

Hi, whether it is just for looks/sound or or not the pptuning guys are brilliant and very helpful!!T:A:
I've replaced the complete exhaust (not the down pipe) on my 2.4D (1997) van and it looks and sounds awesome. Never thought the stainless exhaust would make such a difference. I've got ovals each side at the rear. it was also very easy to fit!!. Longest bit was taking off the original exhaust. *<:)>

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
What are my choices? There seems to be few and far between a cheap £50 job and £300 stainless. I've got a 2.4D so its not for performance, more looks/sound....[/QUOTE

Hi, whether it is just for looks/sound or or not the pptuning guys are brilliant and very helpful!!T:A:
I've replaced the complete exhaust (not the down pipe) on my 2.4D (1997) van and it looks and sounds awesome. Never thought the stainless exhaust would make such a difference. I've got ovals each side at the rear. it was also very easy to fit!!. Longest bit was taking off the original exhaust. *<:)>
;) thanks piggy :ILU:

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
i've got a temporay side exit on at the moment just to get the Van running with the Turbo conversion .

But now i'm in the market for a complete side exit :D

also need a custom downpipe adaptor making to connect onto the Volvo 2 1/2 " stainless down pipe i have a 2" reducer but will stick with a complete 2 1/2" system at the right price T:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
running a 2.5inch system unless you have 200bhp your going to loose top end bhp and torque, youd be better off with 2inch all the way through really. :)

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
running a 2.5inch system unless you have 200bhp your going to loose top end bhp and torque, youd be better off with 2inch all the way through really. :)
its not a standard Turbo but it may be a while before i get into the 200 club :)

need to get it booked in with yourselves so you can adapt the front pipe while fitting the 2" side exit system.

can you pm me the club price for a single outlet single exit and we'll have to just sort the front section when you see it in place , just need the flange and a 90 elbow & 12" each side T:

when are you open over christmas ?

many thanks :ILU:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts