VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My exhaust just decided to fall off !! Was / is the standard one that came with the van 15+ years ago.
Is a '95 Caravelle 2.5 petrol auto. Not sure what the engine type is.

Thinking of taking advantage of the situation to get myself a nice exhaust. Its the backbox thats come away from the pipe that leads into it. Guess this is broken after the cat ??
What would people suggest ? Don't want BIG noise, just tough sounding deep noise !! Fancy twin pipe exit also... Perhaps two twin exits (but not side exhausts just yet !!).
Have no idea of costs and not got a budget in mind as will have to cost what it costs - within reason !!
It is an emergency purchase so is 'needed' !!!!!

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Try pptuning in louth ..........either on here try a member search or ebay there systems are sweet plus the service is first rate

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Im here already I:
Even set up a discount code for this forum on our website now A:
If you want to purchase anything from us use the discount code T4FORUM and youll save some dosh :D
www.pptuning.co.uk, plenty of pics in the gallery and products pages to T:

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Im here already I:
Even set up a discount code for this forum on our website now A:
If you want to purchase anything from us use the discount code T4FORUM and youll save some dosh :D
www.pptuning.co.uk, plenty of pics in the gallery and products pages to T:
i was trying for you buddy.........thanks for that replacement box by the way..........plus forgot to tell the mrs about the new tail pipes so got it in the neck for spending again...LOL:LOL: havnt got them on yet but wont be in the box long.......
Ps
Anybody wanna buy any pptuning tail pipes.......iv got 2 flat ovals up for grabs.....£20 pus postage......pm me if intrested

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for the advice guys.
My Father was doing my nut so took it to a local exhaust place and they ordered in a standard T4 petrol auto exhaust......didn't fit ! So left with the rear box having been taken off. Sounds nice now though T:

But need to get something on the end and also the middle section ain't looking like it'll last more than 6 months so defo looking at middle + back sections now.

Van used to belong to a charity and had a wheelchair ramp on hydrolics in the back. The exhaust was re-routed to avoid the hydrolics & gubbins.

Looks like I need to get something custom made.

I'm definately liking the idea of twin side exhausts on both sides of the van, behind the wheels.

Like: (was looking prior to hearing from you by the way)
http://www.pptuning.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=t4twinbothsides
or
http://www.pptuning.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=t4twinrearwh

Are the prices online including fitting ?

However I also....sigh......have an lpg cylider (donut shape) centrally at the rear of the van, so the pipes leading to the two twin pipes would need to be routed in a manner avoiding this. Don't think it'd be difficult but would need someone who knows what they are doing.

I grabbed some photos of under the van so will post those up when i figure how to get the onto the computer and onto the forum :confused:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Prices online are for mr jo public I:
I do a better price and for fitting also, plus youll get a custom mandrel bent system no necked or crushed bends or hot spots either, its no problem with the gas tank or ramp fitting, we can make it to fit how you want and with what ever tail pipes you like, plenty of pics in our gallery on here to T:
Not sure were you are in uk but its nice ride over to sunny :( louth in lincolnshire anyway, we got plenty of interesting mags to read a good coffee machine and our topless lady fitters to LOL:

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Stainless Steel Exhaust Video
Really like what pptuning have and lots of respect for them out on the www I can see. Frustratingly they are about £400 worth of petrol away from me I reckon. Life sucks :-(
Looking at an outfit in Aylesbury. Top Gear Aylesbury they are called. Anyone have any info on 'em ? ( have checked website and will go for a covert snoop around their work tomorrow). Their name makes them sound like drug dealers !! Which I wouldn't mind as a little bit of weed could be just whats needed to help with my cronic neck and back pain.

If aylesbury doesn't look good enough quality and skill I'll be looking for a campsite and pub near pptuning soon :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Re: Stainless Steel Exhaust Video
Really like what pptuning have and lots of respect for them out on the www I can see. Frustratingly they are about £400 worth of petrol away from me I reckon. Life sucks :-(
Looking at an outfit in Aylesbury. Top Gear Aylesbury they are called. Anyone have any info on 'em ? ( have checked website and will go for a covert snoop around their work tomorrow). Their name makes them sound like drug dealers !! Which I wouldn't mind as a little bit of weed could be just whats needed to help with my cronic neck and back pain.

If aylesbury doesn't look good enough quality and skill I'll be looking for a campsite and pub near pptuning soon :)
You dont need to come to us, we make it and send to you T: A:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just had a pptuning exhaust put on my van (by my mate's brother - top mechanic who looks after all my vehicles). Van needed an mot (2 months ago I:) so he put it through with the standard pipe first cos he was worried about emissions test.
Failed dismally.
Put the pptuning pipe on & it sailed through emissions first time.
Top product T:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
just had a pptuning exhaust put on my van (by my mate's brother - top mechanic who looks after all my vehicles). Van needed an mot (2 months ago i:) so he put it through with the standard pipe first cos he was worried about emissions test.
Failed dismally.
Put the pptuning pipe on & it sailed through emissions first time.
Top product t:
t: A: :d ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts