VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi could anybody be able to tell what part no this exhaust bracket is please?
I think its one of those rubber mount jobbys that holds the front pipe in place.
Its a p reg 1.9td.

Cheers
Trigg

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
not sure of number, but if it is rubber hanger, it is universal, go to VAG or any good exhaust shop and get one over the counter.

double check, as there may be a metal bracket which bolts into hole where the rubber hanger hooks to and then the exhaust hangers fits into rubber. T:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just been to vw and they cant suss out what i am going on about also went to a place called exhausts unlimted and they did not know neither.
Found this diagram on vagcat is the rubber thing i need no 13 just dont know how it would fit on the bracket no 16?

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Your rubber stopper has fallen out and thats all it is. I went to a local motorfactors who did exhausts and got a proper mount (i think it was for renault espace) which holds onto the bar and bolts to the bracket for less than a fiver. The usual culprit for rattle is more the shield on the down pipe. A couple of big jubilee clips done up tight normally sorts it out!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
So that rubber stopper no 15 don't actually hook on to that prong of the exhaust?
Sorry i am a bit of novice at this kind of thing always willing to give anything a go myself if it saves me some money.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Thats what i was told, the prong just rubs against it. If you show your local motorfactors what you need on the van i'm sure they will do for you what they did for me and match something similar/better for the job

·
Registered
687 Posts
Old thread I know but I can add some info on this
#15 is just a rubber mount that the exhaust rests on
The VW part number for this is 023253365 and is about £5.17 from VW

·
Registered
91 Posts
T4Surf - On my van there is just a thin (1cm) rubber strip about 1" underneath that hanger in the picture. Is it not supposed to attach to the hanger in any way? Thanks

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
T4Surf - On my van there is just a thin (1cm) rubber strip about 1" underneath that hanger in the picture. Is it not supposed to attach to the hanger in any way? Thanks
your right, the rubber that goes in that hole is just like a bump stop, i can only recal ever seeing one or two ever on any t4,s but it is just a bump stop though not a mounting.T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts