VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

I have no idea about this and wondered if you could help...

The centre section just forward of my mid silencer has fallen off (and melter my waste pipe :( ) A local mechanic has told me that the exhaust would have been specially made to fit around T4s that are fitted with a leisure / fresh water tank.

Is this the case?

Is there someone who does part like this off the shelf?

It has rottesd right at the selencer and come off for about a foot forward of that where it meets a union - I hope that make sense.

Any south Devon / Plymouth recommended suppliers or garages would be welcome.

:)

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Does he know for sure, I presume that he has actually looked at it as it will be vey easy to tell, never heard it myself I think he's making it upLOL:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does he know for sure, I presume that he has actually looked at it as it will be vey easy to tell, never heard it myself I think he's making it upLOL:

The bloke under sealed the van for me last summer - I assumed that he knew what he was talking about. However, I can't rule out that it it is complete and utter twaddle :D

The exhaust comes out the the RHS of the vehicle where it then goes back in slightly to meet the first silencer and then off to the second silencer where it the goes out the back on the LHS - does that sound like the normal route???

:D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sounds normal to me. I have a water tank under the centre of my van and it doesn't interfere with the exhaust. Although I now have a side exit as my old one fell apart too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts