VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, really hoping someone can help.

Exhaust Gas warning light has come on, van feels fine, but obviously worried about driving too much and causing damage. Any ideas what it relates too, the handbook is less than useless !

My van's a 56 plate 1.9td transporter LWB

Advice and help appreciated !

Glenn

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
You need to get it plugged in to get a proper diagnostic done, could be anything!

Is the light flashing, or steady?

If it was serious I guess the van would go into limp mode :*

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark - steady light, not flashing. Proper diag...does that mean a VW garage or can any garage look into it (sorry if that's a dopey question !).

G

·
Registered
18 Posts
Glow plug or glow plug bridge wiring probably :*
Alright Daz! could you elaborate on this for me please in detail. I'm in the middle of a purchase with a dealer, the exhaust warning light is on constantly ( 56 plate and 88ps model....so no DPF) it has apparently been on a diagnostics on come up with a some high voltage/ power surge code and the glowplug code. It drives/ticks over fine and sound sweet. It is this constant lamp on that is stopping me from parting with the other £6000.....£400 deposit paid.

Do i need to be worried, or shall i walk away and take the loss of 300 on the chin?

cheers buddy.

·
Registered
784 Posts
i was told its do to with the particle filter on the exhaust,the vans need to driven hard once in a while or they start to clog the filter they need a blow out was told to drive down the motorway at 2500 rpm in forth gear for 20mins and it resets it self, think its starts blue then flashes blue if it red its a new filter needed.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I believe Dazboi to be on the money i have exactly the fault described erased dash warning light 3 times and light comes back on after a few days each time no3 glow plug fault appears T:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm following this thread with facination....I too have a 2.5 130 2006 and have had the DPF warning on once or twice in the 6 months I've owned it, but it's readily gone out with a bit of a run. I now have another warning lamp on and a code reading P0473which relates to exhaust pressure. I wonder if this light is a consequence of the DPF filter requiring regeneration and bunging up the system or is entirely unrelated and can I erase it Anyone got any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts