VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all, I have a 2010 swb t5 and I'm now in the market for a new exhaust, just wanted to know everyone's views/experiences who have had new systems fitted, should I just replace with a standard vw exhaust or would it be more beneficial to go for a stainless system? Cheers martin:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Just vanz, will have a look at Jason, anyone else had a new standard vw or stainless exhaust system fitted? Cheers martin

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
Cheers Martin have you got 1 fitted to your van?
I have and it's good for the price brackets it's in.
A Miltek is in a completely different league though in build and fit but there resonated system for the T5 is around £550 compared to approx £300 for the PPT offering.

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you go through eurocarparts and use quidco and a 30% code that seems to happen pretty regular you can get the milltek down a lot closer to the other offerings. I got a milltek resonated system with the simple discreet tailpipe. fitted perfect and no noise increase at all inside. I wanted mine to follow the std route over the axle, that was my main reason for choosing the miltek.

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you go through eurocarparts and use quidco and a 30% code that seems to happen pretty regular you can get the milltek down a lot closer to the other offerings. I got a milltek resonated system with the simple discreet tailpipe. fitted perfect and no noise increase at all inside. I wanted mine to follow the std route over the axle, that was my main reason for choosing the miltek.
part number is 912449301 for the discreet resonated system. it's 418 before discount. I just tried it though and it won't accept the 30%code this time. might be worth trying adding it to basket and then waiting till you get the email of a discount to complete order.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers stimps I will have a look, the miltek do look good systems, I will be keeping the van for a good few years so I want something that is going to last but at the same time not sound like a boy racer and also still be quiet insideT:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts