VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need some advice, please.

My 93 Caravelle has just failed its MOT. It has very rusty inner sills the entire length of both sides including the door runner on the passenger side sliding door. The flat bits under the battery and airbox that make up part of the front inner arches are also completly rotten too, it's not pretty.

I have a few ££££'s tied up in the van so it will have to be repaired one way or another. Just to make life more interesting; you don't seem to be able to buy any of the repair panels I need and things are starting to look quite depressing for our much loved camper. Can anybody reccomend where I can get this work done in or around the Lancashire area without being messed about or charged an arm and a leg? How much would you expect to pay for this kind of work?

*<:)>Please help save a van from the scrapyard this Christmas...

·
Registered
123 Posts
i do mobile welding but i am miles from you. (180)

I would do that sort of work for about 550. It sounds quite bad.

If you get stuck or im the cheapest, i would travel that far as long as there is somewhere to do it. garage or under cover.

Ive saved alot worse cars than what your sounds like. Just completing a 1970's BMW CS that had no floor left. And im not kidding, stand in it and you'll go through.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It sounds like a fair amount or welding needed there and addyagl's quote seems very reasonable..... especially considering my other half just paid £120 for one patch of welding no bigger than 6" x 3" on her inner sills, I think the garage well and truly ripped her off but she wont do anything about it and not only that, there is still a hole in the inner sill where they didnt make the plate big enough so it would fail the mot again if it was done, and to make matters even worse I have a mig welder in my workshop... i give up!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts