VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, hoping someone here can can advise or point me in the right direction regarding a current issue I'm experiencing with my 65 plate T5. On a recent trip to Devon I got pulled by a driver who informed me that no brake lights were working (including the high level). When I got out and checked I also found that all indicators had failed (both back and front) and that if I turned on the headlights - they worked OK but not the tail lights. Road side assist looked at van, checked all fuses and replaced a blown 25amp fuse from fusebox below cup holder - this fixed the indicator and tail light problem on the passenger side but nothing else!!!!
I now have front headlights and sidelights working OK as well as all passenger side indicators and tail light but no brake lights at all and no indicators on drivers side at all - oh and one more thing no reverse lights!!
I have again checked all fuses (including engine bay and under passenger seat) and also removed the light switch and tried an alternative switch from my cousins van but nothing??? Any ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

·
Special Rapporteur
9,800 Posts
Was any work done on the van (interior or exterior) just before the problem started - i.e, just before your trip to Devon?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was any work done on the van (interior or exterior) just before the problem started - i.e, just before your trip to Devon?
Its part way through a conversion so has recently had a pop top fitted and walls lined - but this was a couple of weeks before the issue started!

·
Special Rapporteur
9,800 Posts
Damage to the wiring loom which runs from front to back at the outer edge of the headlining on the nearside is possible, then.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Also have a look at the plugs under the passenger seat, make sure they are all properly plugged in. Have you got any leisure battery stuff under the passenger seat?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts