VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my t5 but the only thing missing from my 55 plate is an external air temp gauge, I know its only a daft thing but Imiss having one. Does anyone know if there is a good aftermarket option for fitting one ? Where can I get one from, how much and are they easy to fit please.:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have been looking too
They are common on the bay - Item number: 360320026514 is one but I want one that illuminates with the instrument lights

·
Registered
606 Posts
We have a halfords one fitted in the overhead storage cubby, it uses it's own battery and has a permanant reading. The wire goes up through a small hole I made in the top over the cubby-hole, through the headlining accross to the sliding door, down the rubber door seal and then outside the door slam routed under the rubber seal. the sensor is then stuck outside the van.
It was about £19 and lights up blue when you press the light button (like the radio colour) for 5 seconds.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_160118_langId_-1_categoryId_165574

Oh and there's a switch to change from internal to external temperature which is quite useful when we're camping to see how hot/cold it really is in the van at night :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
There must be a way of adding it in to the van, my van already has the temp sensor mounted behind the front bumper, have done a few searchs but carnt find anything.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
t5rossco ...what van do you have ? do they all have the sensor gauge built in or is yours a 5.1 or somthing ?:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts