VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just taken my double seat out to fit my threshold cover and when I lifted it out I have an extra bolt coming through the floor as well as the four that hold the seat base. As I'm going to be fitting my scooby single seats eventually this bolt will be sticking up in the gap between the seats.
Does anyone know what this bolt is there for ?

All help and advice appreciated as usual. :cool:

·
Registered
784 Posts
i think the single seat bases uses that bolt if i rember rightly could be wrong and you can remove it just undo it:)

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Smash it off with a hammer. That's what I did when I removed the double from my last van. Not required for sinle seat base. Not sure what it's for but you don't need it.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I'm sure my double seat base used 6 bolts so now I have 2 spares. 1 I use to earth my electric seats and the other I earthed an amp to, then mounted the amp over the top of the bolt with some thick MDf. I didn't want to go the "big hammer" route as I might want to put the double back in one day.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi, i also changed my double for a single and it leaves the bolt part poking out of the floor! surly you cant unbolt this?

must admit i dont fancy wacking it with a hammer!...:eek:

does it have to be ground off, or does it come off any other way?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts