VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, sorry if this sounds a bit dim, but here goes. Are all the fixing points for extra seats in the floor of all vans? I am looking at buying a panel van to turn into a basic camper and would need an extra row of seats/R&R bed. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
111 Posts
No, They aren't as standard. Most additional seating is fixed either on mushroom bolts (so seats can easily be removed or added) or bolted directly to the floorpans or seat/beds are installed on tracking so they can slide up and own the load area.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Though in a panel van you should find flat spots in the otherwise ridged floor where the holes would normally be on other models. So simply a case of measure carefully and drill in the right place if you're using standard VW seats from a Caravelle etc.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Don't forget. just as important as seat mounts is the belt mounts, some vans have strengthened mount points for the rear seatbelt attachments, some dont. I am not sure about the middle row, but some digging around should find you all the answers you need.

Sorry I cannot be more precise, but I have a velle so had all belts in place.

John R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts