VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw these recently, but the seem a bit pricey.
Kiravans T5/T6 Door Store (Left Sliding Door)

I'd be interested in a DIY version, I'm not fussed about them looking pretty it's just a work van, I could use the extra storage for small bits & bobs.
Can anybody think of something to buy, to fasten to the ply lining?
Some sort of ready made storage cubby hole, could just fit them around the van wherever the body is deep enough

·
Special Rapporteur
8,613 Posts
Any ideas in this thread?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Saw these recently, but the seem a bit pricey.
Kiravans T5/T6 Door Store (Left Sliding Door)

I'd be interested in a DIY version, I'm not fussed about them looking pretty it's just a work van, I could use the extra storage for small bits & bobs.
Can anybody think of something to buy, to fasten to the ply lining?
Some sort of ready made storage cubby hole, could just fit them around the van wherever the body is deep enough
Made my own last week as I was to tight to spend £140 on moulded plastic.
948D94B4-9724-4ED9-A0E6-C905B9E54AC9.jpeg
496EE856-86C7-45CB-AC4B-4F9F940D9317.jpeg
5D7EF747-2172-4399-B829-087C3BFDD1D7.jpeg
55780031-DFAB-45C7-BEAA-D990826AE876.jpeg

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
They wouldn't work on a slider pete as you would drag anything in them up the paintwork when you opened the door
Which is what my mate did with a bottle of Budweiser in his kiravans door store !!!!

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
problem with the mesh nets is if you plan on fitting them on the sliding door, it's only a matter of time before you cram something in there, then open the door and put a massive scratch down the side of the van!
and yes thanks triffic and timster for the link and pics. I'm gonna make something as soon as the weather gets a bit better, it'll be the most basic version of this you'll ever see, I was also thinking along the lines of buying some rectangular plant pots and using them, if i can find some the right size.
but seeing what is already inside the door, I might end up just jigwasing 2 slots in the plywood!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mate did the same with a tin of beans in his Kiravans one, nice scratch down the side!

if it’s for storing small loose items then you’ll need a narrow flower pot thingy as there is gaps in the metal work and the ply panel doesn’t sit tight up to it but would be fine if storing plastic Tupperware type containers

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Wasn't necessarily thinking of fitting them to the sliding door, can be fixed to the rear panels or pretty much anywhere for some extra storage at a wallet friendly price.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Neat job Timster66. I did similar in the right hand side fixed panel but after seeing how difficult it was getting the panel curve just right I decided the Kiravan door store wasn't so expensive after all :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts