VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Osram nightbreakers/Silverstars & Phillips x-Tream direct replacement..

Also there is a wiring mod you can do to up the voltage supply to the headlights by 5-10% a few of the guy's sell them on this forum check out the traders threds.. thats also well worth it.. do these two and you never need worry about things that go bump in the night

·
Registered
450 Posts
Is that a yes? Do they work safely @100w?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Osrams and Philips... 55w Thats all i have used..

100W will be fine.. to be honest you will blow a fuse before you melt Glass.. The reflectors will not melt they are reflectors.. as such they reflect heat and light forwards.. the point about the extra voltage is key.. You can run 1000W bulbs if you have not got the juice they will look like a dim bulb..

Power = I* V... so at 100w = I*(approx 11v (on full beam)

So each Bulb will draw approx 10A more V's less Amps :)... Not much so they should work fine

Have a go you will find little difference to be honest... Think of it like running 120W speakers from a 25W head unit.. the numbers look great but sounds S**t...

Osrams and Philips + wire mod are tried and tested without burning the eyes of other road users "just"..

·
Registered
450 Posts
I just ordered some :) I'll get around to doing the voltage mod sometime after I:

·
Registered
450 Posts
I've just spent 10mins trying to find this 'voltage mod' thread ... anyone got a link to it? Please....I:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for advice. I'm toting with idea of Audi style headlight so I'll prob just go with 65w bulb for now. Ta :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts