VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i Have a 2000 multivan from Germany which has a factory eberspacher fitted.
There is a small control unit mounted (looks like a mini digital clock) but it has no power to the controller at no matter which button I press.

ive been through all the fuses under the dash and all are ok. The ones in the engine bay next to the battery are all also good.

I found an eberspacher junction box next to battery with 4 big leads going into it, but when I opened it up there was just a circuit board and no fuse.

can anyone help- is there another fuse somewhere or where does the power come from?
Cheers mike 2180F4DE-05F4-4AD7-BED1-47E13C974F64.png

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just looked at that - lots of complicated diagrams! I have the mini controller and the instructions for that which you have attached in my service book.
The other one installation instructions will be very helpful though - i certainly have alot more water pipes in my engine bay than my old T4 - what with the climate control and this heater (i didnt realise it would have water circuits for it aswell)

cheers

·
Registered
601 Posts
They're not too bad when you start looking at them with the engine bay in front of you

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hi, i Have a 2000 multivan from Germany which has a factory eberspacher fitted.
There is a small control unit mounted (looks like a mini digital clock) but it has no power to the controller at no matter which button I press.

can anyone help- is there another fuse somewhere or where does the power come from?
Is it an Eberspächer water- or air-heater?

I converted the D3WZ coolant (water) heater in my car quite some years ago. Taken from my "fading" memory: The heater is controlled with power on/off. At the beginning I didn't have a timer and just controlled the heater by switching on the power. Now I use the module timer that fits into the dashboard. The timer is connected to +12v, ignition, parking light, etc, but the output from the timer to the heater is one cable with power on/off.

I wrote a bit about my conversion of the heater in the following thread:

www.vwt4forum.co.uk - my-caravelle-as-a-temporary-camping-car

Do you have power out from the timer?

It could be an idea to find and read the manual of your timer to eliminate the possibility of an error in handling of the timer.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks - I think it is an air heater- if I’m honest , I’ve not had time at all to look at it as I’m renovating my house at the mo.

I might have a look at it next weekend though as I need to get it jacked up, remove the under engine tray and have a proper look at what I’ve got in there. I’d like to get it working ready fir the autumn and winter if possible 🙂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts