VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure whats going on, one day everyones happy, putting up some cracking humour, good advice and you think, yeah, forums great.

Next day a slight comment, try to join in with opinions and everyones negative or chatting amoungst there clicks like american schoolgirls in a bratz movie and you think why do I bother, its one of those days today!

I loved my beetles cause no matter what state your bug was in everyone was all about the one love, the car and everyone was welcome and no comment dissed, not so sure with the T4, I love my wagon, thats what matters, sorry for the rant.:ILU:

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
i will talk to you T: sometimes the forum is like recieving a text message if you and i both got the same text we may read it differently-i may laugh at it and the same one may wind you up
i think thats why its so easy for people to take something intended as tounge in cheek to heart
then there are others who set out to wind others up-it would be boring if we were all the same :D

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Got to agree with the virgin its just like texts, gets confusing.
There are still people on here who like to stir it up but thats life. I know a few Tw*ts who own beatles and caddys etc etc, there just people at the end of the day.Not everone who ownes dubs is full of love!..
I will always talk to whoever, im in no clique LOL:
Hi by the way I:

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
True, i do have a :* headache and a mediocre day, by the way love the website (yours in your signature that is) T:
it belongs to a freind of mine,i have never been abroad but was looking up flights today for xmas,me and my 14 year old son 1 month out there flights are £139,i just wish i drank as beers 80p a litre :eek:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Not happy, putting up some cack humour, good vice and yeah, rums great.

Next slight comment, try to join in with american schoolgirls and you think why do I bother, its hose day today!

I cause bug in the one love, the cane was welcome and dissed, with the T4, I love my wag, thats hers, sorry for that.:ILU:
I know where you're coming from, some people take me out of context too. I:

Ian. :D

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
haven't really commented about this before, but they way the forum is at present with locked threads,deleted threads,banned folk its not a great advert to the newbie T4/T5 owner, some folk really do need to relax a bit, take a step back and perhaps re-read what they have just read before posting/acting on their 1st impression/take of the posting.

at the end of the day its not my place,and the member list is big, but how many of them are folk who have joined and/or registered and don't like what they see and don't post again, the forum is as popular as the folk who use it

·
Registered
198 Posts
sometimes the forum is like recieving a text message if you and i both got the same text we may read it differently-i may laugh at it and the same one may wind you up
..is the right answer T:

Sometimes I think you gotta take folk as they are, their character may not come across well when it's just words on a screen.

Anyways, life's too short and I just keep my head down and let them get on with it.

Paul :)

:ILU:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Is it a sign of the times with the state of the nation today?

Stressed, ressesioned out and all getting the flu!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Myself i quite enjoy the fractious threads as long as they don't get too personal. Shows we don't all think the same way.
Mind you i am weird.:eek:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I know there are some negative comments on the forum. Life has balance, good v evil, light v dark, hot v cold, BBC v Channel 5 etc, etc.

If we all thought the same way we'd have nothing to discuss, because we'd all agree on everything, wouldn't we?

Scenario: "Oh I love your bus, the blue is amazing Fred!" "Oh surely not better than your red bus Henry?" We'd all be blowing a lot of smoke/soot somewhere, wouldn't we?

A personal gripe of mine is the lack of communication by some so called members, a bit like someone ear wigging on your conversation constantly but never uttering a word.

For example, check out the members list, members beginning with S. There are 45 pages of members, roughly 30 members per page = 1350 members. Looking at the first page of members out of 30, only 3 have made more than ten comments on the forum. 19 have never posted at all! Four haven't commented since 2007, and nine haven't commented since 2008! Only two members have even bothered to upload an Avatar?

If you list according to number of posts, there are 21 pages out of 45 = 630 members who have never made a single comment (positive or negative), 120 other people have only made one comment!

Call this a forum...I:

Wikipedia definition of a Forum = discussion board on the Internet

VWT4Forum is roughly half full of people who never discuss! :eek:

·
Registered
643 Posts
haven't really commented about this before, but they way the forum is at present with locked threads,deleted threads,banned folk its not a great advert to the newbie T4/T5 owner, some folk really do need to relax a bit, take a step back and perhaps re-read what they have just read before posting/acting on their 1st impression/take of the posting.

at the end of the day its not my place,and the member list is big, but how many of them are folk who have joined and/or registered and don't like what they see and don't post again, the forum is as popular as the folk who use it
^^WHS^^

it has saddened me at times when i come on here and threads have been adjusted to suit.

of course i agree with the need to protect and this is a 'family forum' but surely that is what this community is all about - a passion about the same hobby and the differences that hobby brings to each one of us.

as per Newton, for every action there is an equal opposite reaction......

if dont want to hear the reaction then keep it to yourself, because you can put your last penny on it that someone somewhere will disagree.

T: T: T:

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
For example, check out the members list, members beginning with S. There are 45 pages of members, roughly 30 members per page = 1350 members. Looking at the first page of members out of 30, only 3 have made more than ten comments on the forum. 19 have never posted at all! Four haven't commented since 2007, and nine haven't commented since 2008! Only two members have even bothered to upload an Avatar?

If you list according to number of posts, there are 21 pages out of 45 = 630 members who have never made a single comment (positive or negative), 120 other people have only made one comment!

Call this a forum...I:

Wikipedia definition of a Forum = discussion board on the Internet

VWT4Forum is roughly half full of people who never discuss! :eek:

tis weird i only did this the other night but with all the members, out of the 13702 members , 7849 have never posted:eek: not even a hi how you doin:D we must be really scary LOL: and theres only 900 or so that have posted more than 50 times, but i suppose you could say quality not quantity:D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts