VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Firstly a thanks to all who have posted on here before! I have just spent the past hour reading some of the threads - really interesting and what a community?!

We have just found out we are going to be having our 4th child and I am keen to take some advice "if you were in my shoes..." (other than get the snip) with regards to purchasing my first VW Transporter.

I have been looking at so many different models - any help would be appreciated.

Few things to help with any advice you may have as I start my quest for a suitable vehicle for my family....

• Kids ages - 7,5,1 and newborn (March 2015)
  • The reason we want a van is the ease of getting up and going! Space is important to us. The thought of cramming all the kids and luggage / bikes etc into a vauxhall zafira fills me with dread.
  • Really keen to have a table in the van - plus space for luggage. Also want the flexibility so presuming rails in the floor and not fixed seating would be best?
  • We are an active family - enjoy being outdoors. Will do anything spontaneous to drain the kids of energy so they will sleep.
  • Price wise - budget in the region of 8-10k
  • Like most people, we want this to look sharp! Comfy inside, though it will be a van with kids in it so not looking at "top spec" interior. Durability inside & out, and under the bonnet, is key.
  • Obviously want it to be as economical as poss. Will be used day to day / short journeys. Though a key reason for getting one is so we keep getting out and about!

Any tips / things I need to think about / places for me to look etc.... as I start on my quest for the 7th member of our family?!

Many thanks

Phil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha! Not there just yet....though will save this in my favorites just in case the snip doesn't work!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts