VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
alright there am converting my vw caddy 60 plate, for fishing, insulating and carpeting this weekend... just wanted to introduce myself not sure i am doing it in the right bit lol... my names edd by the way..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all!
I am totally new to the forum but am asking you all for some advice as you guys obviously know lots about Vee dubs!!!
I have looked at a very nice T4 panel van, 1999 S reg which has done 107k, its a 2.4 diesel. I know nothing about the 2.4 diesel and would like to know how many mpg I can realistically get out of it, using it normally (it wouldnt be fully loaded!!!)? Also is there any common expensive problems that I can check for when I test drive it? Any information you can all give me would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello.
I,m new to this forum and after looking into getting a type 2 camper and dismissing it down to cost and too much work on them and not really being able to go far in them, I,d still love one though! I had looked at getting a t5 but yet again too expensive, so it comes down to a t4. Knowing that you guys are the expert's what model is the best type to get to convert to a camper, I don,t mind doing all the interior work myself as I am pretty handy. Is it best to get a lwb? What are the best engines and what nasties do these vans have to look out for. I,m hoping this will be the start of a great love for these vans!

·
Registered
76 Posts
All My vents only blow warm or hot, not cold is this normal?.

Jo
Hi Jo, Same for me. Wonder if it cos the air filters been moved in the engine compartment for the leisure battery, so it's pulling in warmer air? or is that tosh re the cold air to vents? Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
5 - On my T4 the central air vents only chuck out cold air not hot!!! Is this normal? This is normal, don't panic they are not broken, only vans with air conditioning use the centre vents for heat. Believe it or not its a feature and a useful one at that. [/QUOTE]

Really?

My van's got air con and my central vents chuck out cold air only....:confused:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi, any ideas on why a couple of us only get warm/hot air out of our vents folks? (the side ones, not starting the old ventral vents conversation again!) Anyone else had that problem?

·
Registered
701 Posts
If you could get someone to to a good answer to 'where to put jacks and axle stands' that would be a great help for newbies (and me as I've never got as good answer!).

Also "What's the choke type thing on the 2.4 for?" comes up quite often.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, is it illegal to display a decorative number plate such as the ones used in the States ie 'SUNSHINE STATE' as well as the official one obviously?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm just sulking because you didn't include the far superior petrol options Rasp:
As a noobster, I can confirm that a brief rundown on the various petrol options would be a massive help. I live inside the LEZ so pretty much all diesels within my price range are out.

·
Van Girl
15 Posts
I'm new to the forum, and thank goodness I red the post about cold air from the central vents, I also thought there was something wrong with my heater and was looking at YouTube to see how to get at the heater bits. I can now go to the mirror and congratulate myself for joining the Forum. A:

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi im a newbie think its a really good idea on this posts as they can be quite hard to find amoung the site so much appreciated...
im after info on changing from panel van to camper? on the v5 its panel van but clearly not how do i go about this v5 first or insurance daunting stuff eeek :*

also after a wiring diagram for the mish mash of electrics which this guy has done so i can understand whats going on in the back regarding the inverter etc any help much apreciated

once again many thanks great post

jedT:

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Hi, any ideas on why a couple of us only get warm/hot air out of our vents folks? (the side ones, not starting the old ventral vents conversation again!) Anyone else had that problem?
The valve that controls the supply of hot water to the heater matrix will be worn, allowing hot water to constantly flow to the matrix. Looking under the bonnet you'll see it on a pipe next to the expansion tank. There will be a cable from the bulkhead attached to it. New ones are available from VW

·
Registered
76 Posts
The valve that controls the supply of hot water to the heater matrix will be worn, allowing hot water to constantly flow to the matrix. Looking under the bonnet you'll see it on a pipe next to the expansion tank. There will be a cable from the bulkhead attached to it. New ones are available from VW
Cheers, thanks for the reply, much appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks. I am new to the site and this is my first post. I have a t4 2.5 TD pick up. The turbo has started to leak oil into the expansion chamber. So that and all the ports are full of gunge. Has anybody got any ideas on how to get the turbo and expansion tank off. The Injectors were siezed solid managed to get three out, still two to go. Anybody got any tricks to get them out ?

41 - 60 of 72 Posts