VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi i am jee, and have been trying to get some info about what wires have to be taken out my t4 before i can put a 1.9tdi polo engine in,

I think the more i can find out the better, there is lots on the donor car wires but nothing on the van, i am worried about taking any thing out before i know
Thanks
Jee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I am about to fit my Flat Screen Tv, however, I would like to fit the bracket to the driver side pillar. Thought about removing seat belt bracket and getting something fabricated, I have seen vans with this done at shows and should of took more notice.
Struggling with this one, wondered if anyone had a simple solution?

Thanks,

Aldo68............Happy Days..........T:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys I'm a newbie to the forum and looking for advise on suitable suspention for a 9 seater caravelle sitting on 245-45-18s as I'd like to upgrade as I believe standard is currently weak ?
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi folks. I am new to the site and this is my first post. I have a t4 2.5 TD pick up. The turbo has started to leak oil into the expansion chamber. So that and all the ports are full of gunge. Has anybody got any ideas on how to get the turbo and expansion tank off. The Injectors were siezed solid managed to get three out, still two to go. Anybody got any tricks to get them out ?
Hi fella my son in law uses a slide hammer attached to the top ov the injector and works for him after trying for days 10 minutes with his now favourite toy hope it works for you Nd good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have 1.9 tdi with clutch problem put in new clutch but still not getting any movement
Do the drive shafts lock in to gear box

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I am new to this forum. I have a left hand drive T4 California camper. Sadly I bashed the sliding door whilst turning into my drive in the dark and I am looking for a replacement sliding door. The door is on the right hand side as it is a left hand drive. Colour is white. Any suggestions where I might find a replacement door?

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Hi I am new to this forum. I have a left hand drive T4 California camper. Sadly I bashed the sliding door whilst turning into my drive in the dark and I am looking for a replacement sliding door. The door is on the right hand side as it is a left hand drive. Colour is white. Any suggestions where I might find a replacement door?
Cali Campers or someone like that, there must be a twin slider, or LHD being broken somewhere I would imagine :*:*

·
Registered
3 Posts
How many turns on the front torsion bar can I go before I hit the bump stops? Don't know the answer myself!

ten bolt mm is 25 mm ride height...

Guess try and find out in several steps... also depends on the load in the car...I convert ma T4 synchro to a camper, that lowered it with 4 cm ( almost 1 3/4 inch..)
succes,
Bart

·
Registered
3 Posts
How many turns on the front torsion bar can I go before I hit the bump stops? Don't know the answer myself!

ten bolt mm is 25 mm ride height...
Guess try and find out in several steps... also depends on the load in the car...I convert ma T4 synchro to a camper, that lowered it with 4 cm ( almost 1 3/4 inch..)
succes,
Bart

·
Registered
3 Posts
My T4 Transporter 1995 2.0 ltr petrol engine has been run dry and seized, not by me I hasten to add.
Can I replace the engine from another model VW?
Can I replace it with a diesel?
Does anyone know of a second hand engine anywhere please.

Many thanks.

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,780 Posts
1.9 TD Golf engine is probably easiest, but gearbox ratios will be wrong.

Better to post in Engine/Gearbox thread.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts