VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can someone who's fitted these successfully provide installs instructions ? Mine have arrived with no instructions.

I'd also appreciate any info on what fixings are required please.

Bit frustrating after shelling out £200!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I installed a passenger seat swivel last night - took me over two hours to figure it out - I was armed with an instruction sheet which was as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike - and I had trawled every internet post that featured the words FASP and 'difficult to fit without being a clairvoyant'
I found that having removed the seat complete with seat runners attached it was best to fit the swivel plate with the orange handle on the handbrake side and facing upwards. The two countersunk holes in the bottom part of the plate were at the back with the two remaining holes (slot like) at the front.
You need four flat headed allen type screws to fasten the swivel plate to the base - you need to swivel the top part of the plate through 45 degrees to gain good access to these holes - my plate came with these screws.
The holes just about line up and you need to tighten each screw a bit at a time otherwise the plate is pulled to one side and the holes do not line up.
The seat and runners then fit over the top of the swivwel plate - again the holes are only just right and four high tensile bolts are used to fasten the runners to the plate. These bolts can't be too long -ABOUT 20MM - or the seat will not swivel. Again tighten each bolt a bit at a time.
The seat will then swivel but it might be a bit stiff to move backwards and forwards as the runners are pulled slightly out of lone by the tightening process.
I was a bit annoyed at how rubbish the fitting instructions were, just one very poorly photocopied A4 sheet but my swivel plate did include a set of fasteners thrown in. Hooray!
Hope this is some use to you - others have fitted the plates in a different way but this worked (just) for me.

pmc

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed a passenger seat swivel last night - took me over two hours to figure it out - I was armed with an instruction sheet which was as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike - and I had trawled every internet post that featured the words FASP and 'difficult to fit without being a clairvoyant'
I found that having removed the seat complete with seat runners attached it was best to fit the swivel plate with the orange handle on the handbrake side and facing upwards. The two countersunk holes in the bottom part of the plate were at the back with the two remaining holes (slot like) at the front.
You need four flat headed allen type screws to fasten the swivel plate to the base - you need to swivel the top part of the plate through 45 degrees to gain good access to these holes - my plate came with these screws.
The holes just about line up and you need to tighten each screw a bit at a time otherwise the plate is pulled to one side and the holes do not line up.
The seat and runners then fit over the top of the swivwel plate - again the holes are only just right and four high tensile bolts are used to fasten the runners to the plate. These bolts can't be too long -ABOUT 20MM - or the seat will not swivel. Again tighten each bolt a bit at a time.
The seat will then swivel but it might be a bit stiff to move backwards and forwards as the runners are pulled slightly out of lone by the tightening process.
I was a bit annoyed at how rubbish the fitting instructions were, just one very poorly photocopied A4 sheet but my swivel plate did include a set of fasteners thrown in. Hooray!
Hope this is some use to you - others have fitted the plates in a different way but this worked (just) for me.

pmc
Great info cheers mate.

Did you also use the bolts that were holding seat on base originally?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just to add to the advice, Fitting not to difficult. It's almost intuative but the instructions as has been said are rubish. I ordered a passenger side swivel for the drivers side in error but found it fits without any issues. The red handle is on the door side which actualy makes it easier to use.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
mine wasnt to hard to fit and i have honda seats in mine,, orange handle on the door side the way i did mine... sorry cant be any more help but mines been in over three years so forgot exactly how i did it,,, on thing i do remember is the standard allen key seat runner bolts off the t4 seats came in very handy because the have very shallow heads compaired to the ones i bought...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well swivels all fitted and I'm loving them. Didn't take long to fit and luckily no misalignment issues.

They make such a difference in the van.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,
have Anyone mounted pre 1996 FASP swivel on pre 1996 seat base? I have just bought the plate on Ebay,unfortunately without any manual but it looks that the threaded studs welded to the original seat base should be cut as they bock rotation :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts