VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Sorry mate. I'm just really interested in what you are doing so thought I'd try & nudge you in case you had something. 馃榿
Lots of people have started documenting this but you'd be the first to finish it especially in this much detail.
:) cheers mate I鈥檓 glad for the feedback. yes clear information is thin on the ground for PD conversions, I can鈥檛 understand why they aren鈥檛 more popular the engines are so cheap with hundreds in scrapyards across the country, even the most basic PD engine is 100hp.

We got ours from a local pick your own type yard and is 130hp version we also managed to get a remapped Immobiliser defeated ecu with ours aswell so it will be a big improvement over the old AJT. They are very easily tuneable with bolt on parts im sure we will see a lot more of these conversions in the future.

Here are some updated pictures of progress I have a video but I鈥檓 not sure how to attach it to the post.

We鈥檝e kept the original coolant bottle and made most of the coolant hoses work using a mixture of ASZ and AJT bits put together we had to extended the upper and lower radiator hoses with alloy pipe.

The intercooler pipe work is all done also again using some original parts and a few of the shelf bits from eBay.

The original power steering lines worked for the most part with the ASZ pump but we had the modify them a little bit to fit around the new engine you can see one of them in this picture running parallel with the aux belt. With the steering pump in the stock PD location it is a little bit low But not in harms way as our van is only slightly lowered.

I鈥檝e just realised I haven鈥檛 even posted a picture of the van this is the best I can do at the moment :)

Registered
the later t4 has a lot in common with the mid oughts Golf/Alhambra wiring.
later 2-plug ecu 2.5tdi t4 engine loom would make the 'knitting' easy, the mk4 platform wiring conversion to 'Ce2' (t4 & later mk2 golf etc.) is a common conversion although some spec level / car specific diferences exist :rolleyes:

following with intrest.(y)

Rich.

Registered
Discussion Starter #43
later 2-plug ecu 2.5tdi t4 engine loom would make the 'knitting' easy, the mk4 platform wiring conversion to 'Ce2' (t4 & later mk2 golf etc.) is a common conversion although some spec level / car specific diferences exist :rolleyes:

following with intrest.(y)

Rich.
Yes for sure the t4 and polo based caddy van are a bit weird because they use mk4 era engines and mk2 era ce2 wiring system so lots of crossover and VW wiring from ce2 era is very easy to work on 馃憤.

Registered
Thanks for the update mate. :cool:
This is going to be a sweet van when it's done. As above I'm watching with great interest.

Registered
Me 3 am watching with great interest, not only been a great conversion but an excellent detailed write up馃憦
keep up the good work,馃憤馃榿

41 - 45 of 45 Posts