VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my alarm keeps going off at random times after it has been locked. I have changed the battery (it needed doing) . I have checked the fabled corroded junction to a red/blue wire near the convenience module under the seat and it all looks good to me . I had a Vagcom done and a fair amount points to the convenience module but there are other easier and cheaper items i need to eliminate first. The rear tailgate, the alarm battery, interior monitoring etc.
There are some historic issues on the list that have been dealt with, wipers, a/c, electric window switch etc.
Can anyone give me any pointers on the codes or specifically what to look for with the rear tailgate or what to test for with the alarm horn / box (i have a multimeter).
FYI - the alarm goes off when the van is left facing the sun on a hot day, is this due to air movement? Plus , if i sit in the van and lock myself in with the key fob, the alarm doesn't go off when i wave my arms around, i assume that is what interior monitoring is all about?... there is a fault in relation to interior monitoring:*

any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Special Rapporteur
9,087 Posts
The best approach when getting codes read is to read them, clear them, try to replicate the problem and then read them again. If you don't do this, you really don't know which ones were logged when your engine battery was crapped out, and which were caused by the issue you're trying to find.

Obviously the tailgate and the interior sensors faults are ones that I would look at first, if I had some degree of confidence that they were not just a result of too low a battery voltage.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, thank you, one of the things that occurred to me was having a way of knowing when these problems happened or at least have them logged in chronological order .

·
Registered
10,600 Posts
When you sat in the van waving your arms about did you wait the 40 seconds pre arming period to elapse first? You can always eliminate these from the equation by unplugging them at the overhead console.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, i will try again waiting 40 seconds thanks, Btw, since checking the wires under seat and unplugging and replugging from the module, i have been setting the alarm for the past 2 nights and so far it has been behaving itsself.
Still a bit annoyed with my garage for not clearing the codes , they have agreed to do this without charging so at least i can do a comparison if anything changes in the meanwhile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts