VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I have a 2005 Transporter multivan 2.5L TDI

The electronic lock on the left door is only working half the time, often it doesnt open when the key is pressed or with the unlock button on the driver's side.

When it does this I can physicaly pull the lock up as I press the button.

Has any one had this problem before and found the solution?

Cheers Ollie

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
My drivers door did this recently and I found it was the micro switch. I changed the lock mechanism and all good now.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
uncle ben did you do it yourself if so what do i need to do
I did the first one myself. It's not a 5 minute job as the door card has to come off, all the internall parts and drop the window, well I say drop the window I stuck mine shut and wound down the mechanism to give room. I'll try and find a blown up picture for you. :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes bud, card off,window down, undo torx bits on door edge, disconnect and remove old one and fit new one. The only issue of note is the metal cover under the door card, if you take this off it can be an absolute pain to get back on. I used a perhaps snarled at method of bending the metal backwards to remove the mechanism, then just heated it with a hair dryer and hit it with a mallet to make it just so again. Still fits perfectly and locking is fine now.

I'm sure there's a much better way of doing this but then you're perhaps into the realms of disconnecting the electric windows, didn't want to do that!

·
Registered
125 Posts
i got the door card off and eventully the metal plate but the i went to undo the two hex bolts to find someone has --cked the heads to them so after a bit of swearing i put it all back together. just one question when you undo the hex bolts does the unit just come out or is it connected to the outside door handle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts