VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just returned from our first camping trip in doris our t4 and used an outwell sandiego …..it leaked on every base of the beams into the awning and water pooled on the ground sheet…anybody else had same problem????

·
Registered
746 Posts
Just read another post about outwell leaking, it might have been the "airbeam" version,
Doesn't sound good ?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Would you buy a waterproof coat that lets water in er no
these awning should be seam sealed at factory in my opinion
if you read the bottom paragraph of the link i posted it explains why you need to seal them even if factory sealed, old school people know this but youth of today dont

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
they ARE factory sealed but do you really think a manufacturer has the time to weather test and reseal every tent they make, its always been the case that you should do this its obviously news to some, some companies like gelert do actually print on there tent if its been weather checked

·
Registered
3,836 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All

I have had the same problem with san Diego air awning. The amount of water in the awning under the air beams and at the low point of the awning was unbelievable for a new awning. Also one of the air valves was leaking as well. This was last weekend when it rained a bit and first time out with it.

Dazteen

When you say have exchanged it. Have they exchanged your old san diego for another san diego?
Whats the £120 worth of outwell goods for the inconvience?
'They do not recommend sesl new polyester' is this Outwell and is that what the san diego is made off?

Joined this forum as I did a google such on problems with the Outwell san diego air awning. Only could find this forum with anthing about water leaks on the awning.

Regards Richard

Has anybody else had problems with the san diego air awning. Is it best to get rid off and get another make?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hi Richard
the 120 was for cutting our holiday short on the first outing with it a airbeam had a fault causing the centre beam to deflate
They replaced it for a brand new one that one had no leaks but the replacement has so they are exchanging it again .just kampers roger seymour has been brilliant yhrough all this he is the customer service manager

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me on both the posts.

Roger is the one who has sent me a email saying they will exchange it. Just have to get back when is the most convenient time.

I could not trace where the leak was coming from do to the heavy rain been at the night time
Do you think the awning will 'weather' it self after a few outing in the rain?
Have you had the awning up more than a few night, if so how often would you expect to check the pressure in the air beams?

Regards Richard

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
No sure about weathering itself but we had up all weekend and didn't check the pressure just gave the beams a gentle squeeze .it had lots of interest off the lads who had vango ones which they liked but like the front of the outwell as it has the nice rain canopy over .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts