VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We loved the event and just thought of some feed back to help next year go even better.

How about a family only area. Say over by the wall on the opp side where their is the open field away from the main action. But just a short walk.

Reasons.

Kids can run about with other kids with out too much fear of getting lost in amougst the vans

We can be away from the other guys and girls who want to stay up late and party ( nothing wrong it that. we all did it )

Plus if kids screaming during the night we are not going to anoy others as parents on the whole understand etc etc.

Plus with a family area more rules like no music louder than walking away from you van level and off by say 7pm.

Oh and pedal cars with a car horn shoved right up some ones I: it was ok for the first 3-4 hrs just for 60hrs we where about ready to take action and take it apart! LOL:

Other than that, great event nice people. Very family focused which was really good so much we have made sure we are ready for next year in the diary.

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Evening
As I have said, I am always open to suggestions and your points are dully note.

Please be assured no matter how big this event grows, it WILL remain a “Family” based event – this is the reason its ring fenced to Forum only people. Because of the location and setting, there is not to be any loud Music, especially after Sun down and the sort of Drunken behaviour that goes on at a lot of the other shows (from beer tents) is not where this is going at all.

I know a lot of the Vans have mega Sound Systems, but this is not the setting for a Sound off – that was made clear right from the start.

Beaulieu’s Security do not need the nod from me to remove any one from site they think might pose a threat to the site or their reputation with the Neighbouring stately homes.

I did try to get round the site several times on both nights and have to say I was very impressed with how people behaved – please don’t leave it till your ready to burst before saying something, if there is something your not happy with, come find me and I will deal with it.

I was not aware of the cart with the Horn on – Who’s ever this was, I’m sure will not be doing this next year !!!

Finally, I take your point about introductions and names to faces – it’s a great idea and one I will do for next year ok

Jimbo

·
Registered
865 Posts
and a big sign over the 'get together area' as didnt realise that was what it was until got home and saw Rob's comment on Facebook - thought it was a private area.

a second toilet area over other side would be great as well if it was possible.

Only other one was noise was still going until around midnight from a few areas but other that that great and cant wait until next year.

Did you have the talk to the traders bit as didnt hear or see anything about it on Sunday?

·
Registered
10 Posts
As Torkijo says, I (rob) commented on the Facebook pages re the get together area... woulda been great to know all were welcome around the luberly fire pit!! Finding out as I was saying goodbye too a few people 4PM Sunday was the only bad bit of the event (my fault for being too shy!! ;) )

we did manage to walk around quite a lot over the weekend and I got chatting to many people well those that werent chasing the indians off the reservation!!.. you know who you are!!! I: darn cowboys!

To us the setep was great, the music levels good and no one got out of hand that we saw. As for the kids the excitement of the days events meant no sleeping issues. Hopefully we didnt upset anyone with our 2 yearolds 6:30 wake up on Saturday morning and the wagon races past the front of our tent were always controlled?

.... I personally would not like to see seperation of the "families" from the main area as getting to know/getting soaked by our neighbours was all part of the great fun weekend! :ILU: :ILU: :ILU:

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I should expand. I ment a family or quite area for very small children/families. Not in height but age LOL..LOL:

Either way our little group of family with kids have eyed up an area for next year and we will still be close to the action but just away from the centre of it all. Eg just a walk to it.

We walked round and chatted to quite a few people it was nice to see other vans you had seen on the forum over the year. Etc etc. Great venue. Lord Monti is very forward thinking always revenue driven, not in a bad way of give us your money but. It takes alot to keep the musium going and to the standard it is. Clean, tidy and undercover as much as he can. I have had quite a few chats with him over the years.

Infact this is me having a chat with him over Christmas drinky poo's about club activites mainly classic Porsche stuff at the time. Sorry I was not into the whole T4/5 then, only driving one. I:

My wife and I know anumber of the event team there and on site. ( my Wife ran local hotels and linked in with ticket sales Hence how we know them ) We know from chats over the years the T4 weekend is always spoken about in a postive light from a behind the scenes view point within the team. Which is always a good thing.

We didn't make last years christmas drinks but lets hope this years invite comes though and we can had a chat about how it all went.

From a family point of view what other shows are as good with family stuff as this one.. Not looking to replace the T4/5 fest but add another one on the events list as 12months is far too long to wait!!! LOL:

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
We find a lot of the vw events too roudy for us at present- two kids under three

thats why events like lobbs and beauliea are so good for us. Thought the noise levels at this event were good.

I think bealiea could have a washing up area! gents toilets were a bit inadequate for the numbers present,

great weekend

Thankyou

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
We find a lot of the vw events too roudy for us at present- two kids under three

thats why events like lobbs and beauliea are so good for us. Thought the noise levels at this event were good.

I think bealiea could have a washing up area! gents toilets were a bit inadequate for the numbers present,

great weekend

Thankyou
Your two kiddies were a pleasure all weekend Chris T:

@T5van

got to agree about the kart. I was on pins everytime it went off as I thought there was a van coming and Isabella was off playing with the other kids, and obviously as she can't walk I was worried about her getting squished :eek:

·
previously known as passattdi
1,173 Posts
In relation to forum names, when I was into my Golfs and on ClubGTI, when they had a track day they used to have their forum names in white letters with the club badge after it on the rear side windows.

What about a similar thing on the top right or left of the windscreen?

My kids loved it, the wife even loved all the vans and is now saying we need to sort the van out. A great family event and a huge well done to Jimbo for organising it all and for bringing us all together for one great weekend. I'll be booking leave for next year and another fun filled Pirate weekend.

When Jimbo gave the clue for next year I thought it was either the Wurzels or a West Country theme. My daughters on a mission to locate a pirate outfit for T5 Ted.

The horn on the go kart was a pain, if it's there next year it might find itself getting a trip to the coast and to the bottom of the sea.

Cheers

Alex
Red5

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi Jimbo,

To start, a big thanks to you and the organising team. A great event and must of been hard work to organise. Despite you and your chaps hard work there will always be ********* (yep *********) who think we all want to hear their music. :confused: people even needed to be told to turn the music down/ off at the show and shine. Also, thanks for having a word with the guy near us who's clunky old generator was still running 'till 10pm after the kiddies went to bed:(:

Apart from that, which is always going to be out of your control, well organised, well run and yes maybe some loo's at the far end would be good! was it just me or was attendance up considerably on last year coz it seemed really busy.

Also maybe just a bit cynical but maybe a give away to promote the latest good cause appeal, maybe use some connections for a prize? Just being realistic people will always part with more money if they might win something.

Cheers

The champervan crew

·
1,173 Posts
Jimbo,

One thing I did suggest to T4Viper was that if you're there all weekend and paid up to stay then we could have a swap meet with junk/bits from your garage and people who are on the forum who make their own bits ie DubFlecta etc.

It would t be open to traders to come in, it would also bring in more people on the Sunday.

Also the forum missed a trick to have a shop/stall to sell forum items all weekend and make some serious money.

I was looking forward to buying more than what I did, do we have any stuff for baby's like bins or sleep suits etc?

Cheers

Alex

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Your two kiddies were a pleasure all weekend Chris T:

@T5van

got to agree about the kart. I was on pins everytime it went off as I thought there was a van coming and Isabella was off playing with the other kids, and obviously as she can't walk I was worried about her getting squished :eek:
I totally agree with you there goose. I also thought it was a van at first.
This event has got to be the best on the calender there is nothing i would change about it. But the constant beeping of a car horn on the go kart was a pain in the rear and could have caused problems for everyone by upsetting the surrounding home owners.

Apart from that it's a great family event. Well done Jimbo and the team.
See you next year.T:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi

Just to re-phrase my term ********. Apologies

Each to their own, play your music at other festivals, but this is a quiet gathering, for people with kids etc. Playing music at a reasonable level during the day is fine but we really don't want to hear your music really loud and late at night.

The Champervans

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Evening
Have read all the posts and made notes on all points, I don’t know who’s buggy this was, but I suspect they would have seen this by now and hopefully they have the point now.

Re the Music, I did not hide the fact from the start of planning this, that these events are NOT about sound offs. I had the call from security about the music on the show and shine area and it was off very shortly afterwards.

I don’t want to be too heavy handed about this and say a blanket NO music at all, but the primary aim is for Families to feel at ease here. I will be looking at a better reporting of issues for next year.

While on the subject – the two Gazeebo’s and seating area was in no way a “Private” gathering, I was using this as a base to return to after walking the site – I don’t think there was the same two sets of people there any time I returned. Next year then,

I will have a Site Layout plan – Games Area, Show and Shine location, Water fight area, where to line up for the Cruise and General Social meeting up area…. Hows that ?

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
One last thing, while I think about it – The fancy dress,

I know people have/had gone to a lot of effort with these and not enough was done regarding involvement –

Soooo, next year

PIRATES theme will be foremost.

Get your gear on soon as you get there, Sat the Cruise out – Everyone has to be Pirated up – see if we can scare a few of the locals ! :D

We are looking at installing some Cannons out of the side windows of the Camper

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
One last thing, while I think about it – The fancy dress,

I know people have/had gone to a lot of effort with these and not enough was done regarding involvement –

Soooo, next year

PIRATES theme will be foremost.

Get your gear on soon as you get there, Sat the Cruise out – Everyone has to be Pirated up – see if we can scare a few of the locals ! :D

A pirate drive out. Excellent idea Jimbo.A:
Whatever you do you will just be perfecting a perfect weekend. And 3 nights would be even better.T:

Oh and in case you don't remember me.I was the wandering gunman, Clint Eastwood and i was robbed by a van in a hat.Rasp:

·
Registered
484 Posts
For my first beaulieu it was great, I would like a shower block, and did not hear the go kart, but I can guess who it was.

However surely a go kart with a horn should not be that hard to find, as you could have had word earlier on.

Was cool keep it at beaulieu and some showers would be awesome.

Gussie

·
T4 Custom trailer maker
1,916 Posts
I agree re the more inviting group area. maybe the tables could be placed over by the comms unit as some folks are shy and just strolling into a forum shelter with a large (ish) group can be intimidating. I think maybe a few shout outs reminding the Stereo crew that music is a big no no. I know its well advertised as such but a gentle reminder would help and also then give them no recourse when asked to pack up and leave should it come top that. The kart was in the show and shine area . just trying to think what van it was with. Did not hear it myself though during the weekend. Also a quick shout out saying where various regional event shelters are so folks can find their rep easier. I found the whole event family based, I dont think anyone was particualy loud and I did walk the site and ride it on a good few occasions. Again as stressed by jimbo if anyone has a problem please aproch one of the guys in Hi-viz vests or your regional rep as we as a group will do our utmost (where possible) to resolve any issue straight away .

I think I will make it very clear as vehicles arrivce in the show and shine area (maybe a sign) that absolutely no music is to be played at any volume, Simple. There are plenty of shows all over the country wher you can do this so one show surely is not a problem to refrain at.

I have to say I though Jimbo did a great job and barely stopped all weekend to make sure everyone had a great time. Think the pirate cruise is a cracker of an idea. Maybe the water fight could be friday so folks can stay in their fancy dress after the cruise ?
Totally agree re 3 day event.

More toilets and some showers would be a defo for a 3 dayer. If possible having the middle field as the social area as its more central. I know this is a small isse due to the location of power etc and I know the area is biased as much as it can be centrally so maybe leave as is if too much hassle ?

Top job Jimbo. T:

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Kart with the horn made it's way on to the show and shine area and after a few toots the young lad was told by passers by one more hoot mate and it's going hsy: This did put him off for abit LOL:

Yeah I think he was around your way Goose. At first I thought it was one of your mates vans but then it moved about the site ( by sound ) so I knew it was then not one of the vans. Great idea but not at an event. There was talk of an RC car for next year with Air horns to fight back :D

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
see if we can scare a few of the locals ! :D

I think the south coast has seen a few Pirates over the years Jim LOL: just don't drive though Summers Town in Portsmouth with them out the window will you.. your be on your own then :D

·
1,173 Posts
The kart was with the Dubzpac lot that were just up from us and the Taffia, it was in the Show & Shine area and I think he got the hint that it was wearing a bit thin after a whole weekend of it. Hopefully they'll get the idea after reading this.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts