VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Similar things eccoed really more toilets needed as the gents was a bit buisy and a fair treck from the other end of the field. Also didnt know there was a comunal meeting area (was gona be a surgestion)

An autojumble/trade stalls would be good too. Maybe with the fee for the stall going to the forum charity?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello all

Firstly many thanks for a fantastic weekend; we all really enjoyed the chilled and relaxed atmosphere. We met some really nice people and my imaginary spending list for the van has just reached 5 figures!

Just one point to highlight; the curfew on entering the site - we had an issue with someone arriving and setting up their kit from 11.30pm to 1.30am on the Friday night/Saturday morning - didnt really want to trawl the site looking for assistance as it took most of my time to get the kids back off to sleep.

Lets have one set of rules for all regardless of who they are.

Can't wait for next year - the search for the outfits has started already and ideas are boundless about decorating the van - I think the gauntlet was thrown down by the van in a hat.......

Thanks to the organisers for all their hard work.

P.S. didn't hear the cart and horn!

·
This isn't Facebook you know
7,009 Posts
I only have a couple of suggestions for you Jimbo T:

We could also do with a few more fields if people want to be on their own and how about some huge neon flashing signs advertising forum shelter areas and so we don't need generators we could power the signs by making people who complain run around in a huge hamster wheel for the weekend

Personally I don't have any complaints so I'm not going in the wheel but then again I suppose in a way I'm complaining about the complainers............

I had a great weekend making horn noises through my nose, I'm sure you must of heard me I:

·
Registered
926 Posts
like to say a mahoosive well done to all those involved in making it such a a cracking event, absolutely loved the atmosphere and the water fight was an absolute blast, havent had that much fun in ages.....however i'd like to put my 2 pence worth in

Athough the beer was flowing and everyone was having a blast... try not to turn the evening into the AGM of the tourettes society, as the little ones and parents arn't so keen on it.....I:

maybe a dj during the day, may prevent music being played from several areas at the same time

Showers please....after a long day soaking up the sun, you just need one to freshen up for the evening events..;)

Trade stands, not everyones cup of tea, but i quite like to nose around and get to see the stuff up close also its an added extra for getting day visitors in ( maybe away from the main camping area)?????

Forum merchandise, would always go down fairly well

oh and definately make it a 3 dayer

once again a top couple of days ......many thanksRasp:

·
Super Moderator
3,395 Posts
All great feedback, i am sure Jimbo appreciates it. I had the pleasure of assisting Jimbo with this event and have to say thanks to everyone attending for being so well behaved.

The feedback on the friday certainly was how quiet the site was. I know there was the odd niggle but really, this is still and always will be the most civilised show on the calender. I would definately advise those seeking peace and cerenity to head towards the wall in the far field, we could call it the whispering wall. I was down there several times on my travels and you could hear a fairy guff down there:D We tried to point people towards regional areas on the gate or friends they wanted to camp with, love the guy that turned up just before the gate shut in the dark and said "we are camping with a blue van, have you seen him?"LOL: but penning everyone with their regions would stop us meeting people. personally i love the whole melting pot thing and a new neighbour that turns to a forum buddy is just as important as anything else for me.

I am sure we can have it all, kiddies fun, drink, music, laughter, personally wasn't witness to tourettes but hey, bit of blue for t'dads, it all has a place.

Oh and hope your sinuses get better Chaz, that toot your nose made must have kept you awakeLOL:LOL:

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
It’s a tricky one to be honest, I of course can understand why people with the youngest families want to be furthest from any social gatherings at night, but then I do not want this as a green light for Music and Beeping of Buggy Horns all night in other areas. The Bass of even a half decent sound system will travel the length of the field with out any problem, so the simple option is to firm up the NO Music after a certain time.

I have quite a good list now of suggestions for next year, a site plan for people to meet up if they want, additional toilets (Whispering Wall end) three day'er etc

On the whole though, considering the numbers and duration, I don’t think this is too bad

·
Administrator
30,977 Posts
Quiet End: I've done the quiet family end before at my events and it didn't work at all, in fact i found it was the parents who liked to sit down and have a beer after the kids had gone to bed while still being near enough to deal with them if they woke up. The so called "noise tolerable" end of the site was quiet as a mouse by 11pm and the family end were drinking untill 2am?? :*

Maybe as you have such a huge site at Beaulieu you could get away with a quiet area though T:

Arrival cut off time: I was on the gate with my Daughter untill 10pm so I wasn't aware that someone arrived at 11:30 and was setting up untill 1:30am so YES, a cut of time on arrivals could be a good idea T:

Traders? maybe just "forum traders", not the huge line of stalls you get at other shows, this event was and still will be an annual chippy tribe favorite because its not a trader/promotion ridden show, I think is should remain a forum do for forum folk T:

Communal area, possibly have the communal shelters in front of the info hut throughout, traders can have a display on the Saturday along the coned off area then be used for the games and water fight on the Sunday?? dunno, just thinking aloud

Showers: I'm sure the question could be asked although this would probably add to the ticket price as this would more than likely be something that would be added to Jimbo's huge list of things to arrange and source for the event.

All in all with a record turn out, I thought Jimbo did very well, I personally (and everyone i asked) had a great time and would return next year T:T:

Well Done jimbo and all the helpers for a great weekend :db :db :db

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
Just one suggestion really, what about a pig roast or something similar on the Saturday evening, it would certainly bring everyone together and if it was advertised in advance I am sure loads of people would happily pay for it.

Everything else was just perfect (except forever youngs snoring)LOL:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Quiet End: I've done the quiet family end before at my events and it didn't work at all, in fact i found it was the parents who liked to sit down and have a beer after the kids had gone to bed while still being near enough to deal with them if they woke up. The so called "noise tolerable" end of the site was quiet as a mouse by 11pm and the family end were drinking untill 2am?? :*

Maybe as you have such a huge site at Beaulieu you could get away with a quiet area though T:

Arrival cut off time: I was on the gate with my Daughter untill 10pm so I wasn't aware that someone arrived at 11:30 and was setting up untill 1:30am so YES, a cut of time on arrivals could be a good idea T:

Traders? maybe just "forum traders", not the huge line of stalls you get at other shows, this event was and still will be an annual chippy tribe favorite because its not a trader/promotion ridden show, I think is should remain a forum do for forum folk T:

Communal area, possibly have the communal shelters in front of the info hut throughout, traders can have a display on the Saturday along the coned off area then be used for the games and water fight on the Sunday?? dunno, just thinking aloud

Showers: I'm sure the question could be asked although this would probably add to the ticket price as this would more than likely be something that would be added to Jimbo's huge list of things to arrange and source for the event.

All in all with a record turn out, I thought Jimbo did very well, I personally (and everyone i asked) had a great time and would return next year T:T:

Well Done jimbo and all the helpers for a great weekend :db :db :db

What he said + Spanners pig roast (Just add £1 to our tickets and that should cover the cost of it T:

·
Banned
869 Posts
a BIG well done to Jimbo and his team for the organization of this cracker.... Next years suggestion from me is.......

If it ain't broke then don't try and fix it......:ILU:

:mw:mw:mw:mw

·
Administrator
30,977 Posts
Sorry, just to correct myself on page three, Forum Traders Saturday lunchtime for a few hours, then games and waterfight on the saturday afrternoon I:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Sorry, just to correct myself on page three, Forum Traders Saturday lunchtime for a few hours, then games and waterfight on the saturday afrternoon I:

Good idea, It would be nice to have an afternoon or morning of trading but personally we have very few weekends off through the summer so I would not want to have to work all weekend!!

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
U can't mix up family area with quiet area , I for one have children under 5 and I must say once they have spent the day running around nothing wakes them so after there in bed the party begins so I for one won't be heading to any quiet area
(BUT) you could have an area for the people that don't sit up till 3 am and want to have some peace

Toilets is a must as I was not happy to que for a number 2 lol

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well i must apologise for the kids playing with the horn on the kart. but nobody came and said anything to us if you had it could of quite easily had the wires pulled it was done for a laugh for the kids and i must say that everybody's kids played with it and had fun.

Next time you have a problem with something say something and things can be resolved. If you can tell somebody elses kid off then i'm sure you can say something to the parents!!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Just one suggestion really, what about a pig roast or something similar on the Saturday evening, it would certainly bring everyone together and if it was advertised in advance I am sure loads of people would happily pay for it.

Everything else was just perfect (except forever youngs snoring)LOL:
Love that ideaRasp:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well i must apologise for the kids playing with the horn on the kart. but nobody came and said anything to us if you had it could of quite easily had the wires pulled it was done for a laugh for the kids and i must say that everybody's kids played with it and had fun.

Next time you have a problem with something say something and things can be resolved. If you can tell somebody elses kid off then i'm sure you can say something to the parents!!
Agree with this, loads of kids playing on it and the boy who owned it was in bed by the VERY LATEST 9.30.
@T5 Tart very grown up of you to put a hammer to kids toyLOL:
Thanks for a great weekend JIMBO.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts

My comment was because I thought it was a vehicle coming around the corner (by the toilet block) and I'm sure you can understand my concern that as Isabella can't even walk let alone run we found ourselves a bit on edge when it was going off.

I think the kart looked cool with the lights and VW led badge T:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I think a separate area for families would actually be a real shame, it works well as it is, all mixed up - it encourages a greater level of interaction and makes it less clique-y, I think the kids being able to have as much fun as they did added something to the whole weekend.. T:

Anyone who's ever stayed on a boring 'no children' site knows what I mean, kids being happy and having fun around you is good for the soul! A::D

I've been on my own for the last two years, but seeing how much fun the kids have I now plan to bring the grandkids next year.. :)

Now, where can I buy a radio flyer cart?! :D

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Thats a crackling idea. ;)

In fact there is a farm shop in New Milton that does a really good hogroast, they deliver everything to you, burners, pig etc, already scored etc at a pretty good price. Jimbo - if thats even remotely of interest for next year the number is 01425 622964 - we recently had one from there and it was good.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts