VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I I have just had my wheels banded , 17 inch ones to 9.5 all round and I have been looking at tyre brands and few have come up at 235/55/17 and 103 rated as is a T32 , I have disregarded the brand I havn't heard of as the last ones of these I had were ditch finders , but you may know better also the speed rating which is for our vans? They come up Y V and W , be good to hear your thoughts and feed back . T:
Hankooks
Bridgstone
Uniroyal
Dunlop
Yokahama
Michelin

·
Registered
833 Posts
Any of those speed ratings are ok. Don't forget these are car tyres you are looking at and not van/commercial tyres so they are generally fitted to higher performance cars and not heavy old vans hence the speed ratings.

V 149mph
W 168mph
Y 186 mph

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes was thinking about the hankooks , they seem to come up with a good reviews .and they were best on price .

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
The dunlops are fitted as standard to some transporters and caravelles/shuttle/California if that makes a difference to you?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I ran Falken ZIEX S/TZ01 in 235/55/17 103 previously and rate them for performance, but they only lasted 14k miles and were badly cracking after 3 years use so I'd not go there again.

I was about to buy a set of Hankooks (these: http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rs...port=P&dsco=110&sowigan=So&rsmFahrzeugart=PKW) until I found a set of new 17" steels complete with 2 x Dunlop and 2 x Michelin OEM tyres for less than the cost of 4 tyres new. If I hadn't then I'd be rolling on the Hankooks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes thats what I done last time bought a set of four 17 inch wheels with tyres brand new for less than the tyres would of been on their own but now they are due for replacing so gone down the banded route . Those hankooks from my tyres are a good price but can see does that include fitting ?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yes thats what I done last time bought a set of four 17 inch wheels with tyres brand new for less than the tyres would of been on their own but now they are due for replacing so gone down the banded route . Those hankooks from my tyres are a good price but can see does that include fitting ?
No, but explore the 'search for fitting stations' button. I've always just got them delivered then sorted out fitting myself when I've used mytyres before.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got Hankooks based on their overall euro rating including Low Road noise. Far as I can tell, they're about as good as you can buy whiteout going into the 'premium brands' territory and the price hike that entails. 275/40/20 Ventura's in my case but I can't see why the recommendation shouldn't give the brand a thumbs up. Not disappointed me so far anyway. T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts