VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Im helping out a mate who recently purchased 2015 T5. Im building some wiring looms for his car and he wants to run them the OEM way.

Im struggling to find out where is the heated seats module located for the 09-15 models as in ELSA it says that its located somewhere beside cockpit relay carrier but it isnt that clear to me where exactly.

Also I would like to know where in the car does the rear level sender for bi-xenons comes out? I live in Ireland and unfortunately none of the T5s Ive seen in local dealers have those fitted so I cant even sneak underneath to have a look. I have the front one sorted as I have the complete front loom for one.

He is also fitting side lane assist but again we dont know where does the wiring comes out in the rear to the both left an right modules.

If anyone has any info or pics or could make them if they are equipped with any of the above, that would be great!

Cheers

Stan

·
Registered
88 Posts
Rear level sensor comes off the anti roll bracket to the rear swing arm. The heated seat module is located on the lower center support bracket for the dash,there are 2x m6 holes where it pushes into.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've retro fitted a lot of stuff to my t5.1..all to factory spec.
Heated seats
rain sensor
Auto lights
xenon's with the level sensors
big brakes
folding mirrors
sun visors with vanity lights
Aircon
Etc
Didn't get much help on here..just criticism and its too much work,when really they didn't have a clue.

·
Special Rapporteur
8,953 Posts
just criticism and its too much work,when really they didn't have a clue.
I think that's a bit unjustified. Some people simply have a low threshold of tolerance for extra work.

I can recall fitting TPMS on mine and thinking that it was a whole lot of faff for not much result, so I guess I'm one of those. I think if you're realistic, retro-fitting factory bi-xenons ~is~ too much work, for ~most~ people - but that shouldn't put off the small number of people with enough enthusiasm to want to spend hours doing it...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for answers lads! Much appreciated.

Im a bit of oem wh**e myself and like to get things done as they should. I've been doing this for a while now and I actually enjoy it. I would use the actual wire gauges to the wiring diagram etc haha. This is the first T5 Im dealing with.

I found in Elsa about the location of the lane assist modules so thats crossed off the list :)

2wheeldeal Im not familiar with T5 dash so could I trouble you to perhaps post a pic of the location of the heated seats module on the dash?
So the rear level sender comes out through same rubber grommet as ABS wiring?

Thanks again

Stan

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Stan,yes comes out the same grommet as abs, has for the heated seats module its located behind the gear lever lower trim panel(curved one) if you take that trim panel off you will see a bracket that is bolted from the floor with 13mm nuts on the back edge of the bracket you will see the 2 holes where the module fits onto.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've retro fitted a lot of stuff to my t5.1..all to factory spec.
Heated seats
rain sensor
Auto lights
xenon's with the level sensors
big brakes
folding mirrors
sun visors with vanity lights
Aircon
Etc
Didn't get much help on here..just criticism and its too much work,when really they didn't have a clue.
Aircon a big job?

·
Registered
88 Posts
To put aircon you talking about 3 days,seats,dash,heater all out,drill the holes for aircon pipes then changing 3 parts to the loom.Grille off to put the aircon rad in..so not too bad..more fiddley than anything.
But you could do it bit by bit so you could still use the van as it wont change anything or no codes popping up
First change the front part of the engine loom,
them change the engine bay one.
Get your aircon rad in and pipes.
Then next is the big job with the main loom.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi Stan

I'm looking into the heated seat retrofit wiring also.
My van didn't come with heated seats, so I've had to buy all the bits.
I've got the seats , hvac control with the heated seat button and the J774-Heated front seat control unit.
I think I have the correct J519-Control Unit (7H0937087D) but have yet to find where to turn on the seats with VCDS.

I've deciphered most of the VW Current Flow Diagram (K0058984420-Basic_equipment__From_August_2009). I learnt how from the RossTech vids. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKnTjuSmwaE).

I think know I know where all the wires need to go, and it's been very satisfying detecorising the spaghetti and learning a bit more about vehicle electrics but the next step involves tiny terminals adding and patching into the existing loom. So I think I'm going see if TravelVolts will do it for me....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you 2wheeldeal! Much informative. I'll forward the info to my pal to check. I've made his heated seats module loom long enough to go from centre of dash to either bcm or other side so that should cover it :)

hmsgeoff:

If you have the loom then there's no splicing required anywhere :)
You just need to push two terminals to heater panel (depending on year) one wire to fuse box, one wire to bcm, and ground. All plug and play no butchering of anything needed. Below is his loom:

You enable the heated seats in 09-central electrics, long coding, tick heated seats installed, save and exit.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
hmsgeoff:

If you have the loom then there's no splicing required anywhere :)
You just need to push two terminals to heater panel (depending on year) one wire to fuse box, one wire to bcm, and ground. All plug and play no butchering of anything needed. Below is his loom:

You enable the heated seats in 09-central electrics, long coding, tick heated seats installed, save and exit.

Hope that helps!
Thanks Stan, where can I get a loom?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nicholld: I buy them from few different places in 100+ quantity each time. You can get them all in small numbers on eBay once you know what you need :)
Mouser and RS Radionics are good places for them.

Im sure I could help you with one hmsgeoff :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
So you have 8 pin connector under the seats and a single control module sitting near the central console, this links to the air conditioning control module with the heated seat buttons integral and you connect with this loom??? I'm interested!!! I tried to use older heated seat buttons and haven't got round to working out the wiring. you looking to start up a small business selling the looms? T:

nicholld: I buy them from few different places in 100+ quantity each time. You can get them all in small numbers on eBay once you know what you need :)
Mouser and RS Radionics are good places for them.

Im sure I could help you with one hmsgeoff :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes that's right nicholld. There's only two hard bits to do. The floor needs to be lifted and you need to provide power to one extra fuse needed by removing one existing terminal and using adapter to make it feed two independent fuses.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Heated seat wiring for a 2010 upwards.

1. Take a feed off relay 100 the one with black and red wire(1mm) should be number 3 socket then take the other end to the Bcm 73A number 54 pin. Wire size is 0.5mm

2. 73a bcm then a wire from number 36 run a feed to heated seat module 8 pin plug put that into number 2(behind lower dash support bracket.

3. Then from fusebox C number 25 tap into the black and green wire and then run it to the heated seat module plug (8 pin)to number 3 and to number 6. (wire size should be 2.5mm)

4. From the heated seat module plug (8 pin) number 8 run 2 wires, 1 to your heater dials(2 x Wires size 0.5 yellow)Depending on what dials you have its a 20 pin plug climatic pin 13 or climatronic pin 10.
and the other to the heated seat plug under the left hand seat (number 2 plug).

5. Run a brown wire 1.0mm from left heated set plug number 3 to the module plug number 7 (will need to tap into this wire later to earth properly)

6.Run another wire from your left heated seat plug number 4 to heated seat module pin number 5 (wire size 1.5 Grey).

7. From the heated seat module plug number 4 run 2 x green wires(Wire size 0.5) one to right seat plug number 2 and the other to heater dials. a 20 pin plug number 11 for climatronic or number 12 climatic.

8. Right Heated seated plug pin number 3, earth wire brown should connect to the other seats plug and then from that should be earthed by the Airbag module.

9.Right hand seat plug pin 4 should be connected to Heated seat module pin 1 (white wire 1.5)

10. Then connect all up then code away.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If anyone knows where to get the plugs,connectors and wires from i wouldn't mind making some kits up for retro fitting and maybe doing kits for Aircon etc

1 - 20 of 47 Posts