·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You need:
3 x connectors from VW/TPS
2 x ring terminals for ground
8 x junior power timer terminals (various gauges) for heated seats module
8 x micro power timer terminals (0.5mm2 gauge)
1 x mqs terminal for BCM wire

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I have retro fitted the kit on my T5.1 2014 combi, kit was from poland arrived in 3 days:

http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-transporter-t5-t6-multivan-7h-7e-park-pilot-rear-w-ops,id1530.html

This is rear kit only and shows on radio, holes pre-marked on bumper, loosen passenger roof panels and follow existing loom then down A piller.
Located Control module under blower pipes behind glove box.
Only fours wire, swithed pos used fused pont just left and below gear stick, earth using ring terminal, neg and canbus high and low in BCM located under steering wheel.
Hardest thing was to code as it would time out when i ticked the correct box.
Coding to start was 00000 and ticking 1st box should give 10000 but would time out when clicked.
Tried loads times over weeks in end thought try lat time added a 1 at end 10001 and worked.
But still showing module error in VCDS, but works so will leave until i get near one of the companys on here.
Live to far away, but might get Cruise doen and will get to sort same time.
Not sure of colours but can pull bcm done to fing them if needed.
All sounds a bit vague as i done it months ago :}

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi everyone,

Im helping out a mate who recently purchased 2015 T5. Im building some wiring looms for his car and he wants to run them the OEM way.

Im struggling to find out where is the heated seats module located for the 09-15 models as in ELSA it says that its located somewhere beside cockpit relay carrier but it isnt that clear to me where exactly.

Also I would like to know where in the car does the rear level sender for bi-xenons comes out? I live in Ireland and unfortunately none of the T5s Ive seen in local dealers have those fitted so I cant even sneak underneath to have a look. I have the front one sorted as I have the complete front loom for one.

He is also fitting side lane assist but again we dont know where does the wiring comes out in the rear to the both left an right modules.

If anyone has any info or pics or could make them if they are equipped with any of the above, that would be great!

Cheers

Stan
Hi Stan,

Looks like I am in good company.
I have just retrofitted the Bixenons with automatic leveling. (The difficult part is actually the installing the wire, not the actual sensors).
I am also retrofitting the folding mirrors. Now, I got hold of a set that also has lane assist indicators, so now I am thinking about installing that system as well.
HOWEVER:
finding used lane assist sensors and brackets is not a problem, but finding the wiring loom for this, is much, much more difficult. (if not impossible).
How did you find your loom? Did you build it yourself? Or did you go for the kufatec kit?
I have seen that there are kits on ebay and alibaba that you can buy for passats and audi a3 and a5, can one use them (and maybe modify them to fit the T5?

Best regards,

Matt

·
Registered
73 Posts
nicholld: I buy them from few different places in 100+ quantity each time. You can get them all in small numbers on eBay once you know what you need :)
Mouser and RS Radionics are good places for them.

Im sure I could help you with one hmsgeoff :)
Stan I'd be interested in purchasing a loom if you are happy to make one?

Adam

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well, I had a look at the dashboard, and have no idea on how to get the heater unit out! The T5.1 dash allows you to remove part of the top of thee dashboard in order to get to the stereo and then the heater unit, but the T6 doesn't look as straightforward... :confused:

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
It was a daunting task, so it's taken me over a year to get round to it, but I finally fitted the loom from Stan!

It bloody works. Thanks Stan.

FYI I didn't need the Climatic heater panel adapter, that was already wired in.
Also there was nothing on 09-Central Electrics to change with VCDS. It just worked, after my initial panic that I'd need a different BCM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a question related to this thread.

My Drivers side factory fit LED daytime running lights (the C shaped ones) intermittently stop working. Seems to be totally random as to whether they work or whether they stop working and the bulb out indicator comes on in the dashboard.

I have wggled and broken and re-made the connector a few times but doesn't seem to make a difference.

Anyone heard of these failing? I don't know how to check the vehicle loom or if I were to take the headlight unit out is there any way to diagnose the failure mode?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Did you scan for faults with vcds? Check your front bumper loom. Should have two big plugs in there one 10pin and one 14pin if I recall correctly. That's the loom which connects headlights PDC with the cars main loom near the horn.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Morning,

I am about to purchase a full set of caravelle seats and the front seats are heated. I have a 2011 van and it has AC, and the BCM is 087. Van is not currently fitted with heated seats.

If i've read this thread correctly I just need to purchase a loom and the AC switches which have the heated seat buttons in the middle. Fit the above, and then get it coded.
A family member has VCDS.
I guess the switches is just a matter of waiting until something pops up in one of the forums or fleabay.
So the biggest question is how do I purchase a loom?

Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yes that's correct. You need loom heater panel but also heated seat module as in Transporters they are fitted under the dash not under the passenger seat like in most vw models.
I think I have one loom available but I'll have to check.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'd appreciate that thanks.
Going by OEMEPC the heater control module seems to be the same one used across the VW range, and easy to come by. It's the air con / seat heater switches which look like they'll be the headache.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
5k0959772 or 772a is the commonly used one across vw.

Panel shouldn't be that hard to find. It all depends if you have heated rear screen and so on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I guess it only makes it hard to find if you are looking for a reasonably priced second hand unit :confused:.

Did you have a loom left? How much are they?
Can anything be done to utilise the airbags in the new seats? Or should I just remove them from the seats?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yes have one available.
Do the new seats have airbags in them but your original ones don't? If that's the case you can just leave them alone in new seats. Won't cause any issues like that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Stan,
You seem to be the man on here to talk to regarding Heated seats!

If you don't mind, i have a query regarding fitting mine.
I have a set of BMW F20 Msport seats with heaters that i'm trying to wire into my 140 highline camper conversion.

From reading above, and taking into account your fantastic fitting instructions i want to ask if my thinking is correct:

I'll need the 5k0959772 heated seat module, a pair of switches 7H5963564A (and the left had equivalent)

I already have a pair of mk4 golf switches which i hoped to fit to the dash but i'm unsure now if they will work. We have worked out there are 6 pins on these switches, earth, illumination +, 15a permanent live in, 7.5a ignition live in, but we are having trouble establishing how the 2 output pins work. from other wiring diagrams we have deduced there is a temperature sensing return running at 4.9v. Do the correct switches work in the same way? i dont mind buying some if they are simpler?

Any experience on BMW seats? they are a 3 wire connection plus what appears to be a temp sensor too.

If you could give me a clue on how to wire this lot up that would be fantastic, or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
Jon

21 - 40 of 47 Posts