VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How and what sort of awning can I fit to my T4 !!

Do I have to drill into the body work or is there a better way , I have no gutter runs and no roof bars !!

·
Registered
51 Posts
There are a couple of Fiamma awnings that you can fit. The F45 is most popular, this the wind out version. Or the F35 can also be fitted - this is more compact but is manual. The 260cm is the best length for the SWB T4. They do a bracket set suitable for the gutterless setup you have. It would need drilling for some thread inserts then you bolt the brackets to those. Alternatively you can invest in the rail which requires a combination of drilling and bonding with sikaflex. You’d then need the Fiamma brackets compatible with the rail.

Choices, choices…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a couple of Fiamma awnings that you can fit. The F45 is most popular, this the wind out version. Or the F35 can also be fitted - this is more compact but is manual. The 260cm is the best length for the SWB T4. They do a bracket set suitable for the gutterless setup you have. It would need drilling for some thread inserts then you bolt the brackets to those. Alternatively you can invest in the rail which requires a combination of drilling and bonding with sikaflex. You’d then need the Fiamma brackets compatible with the rail.

Choices, choices…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks so much 👍

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Thanks so much 👍
If you're interested, the guys over at Stitches and Steel have some neat options for awnings as well using a C channel and Kador line/bolt rope. Takes a few seconds longer to set up, but you don't have to drive around all the time with the big bulky awning hanging off the side of your van.

Link here to the rail.

I've got the short one on my T4 and it works well. Nice to have a little rain gutter over the door too. It was pretty easy to install, helps to have an extra hand if able.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're interested, the guys over at Stitches and Steel have some neat options for awnings as well using a C channel and Kador line/bolt rope. Takes a few seconds longer to set up, but you don't have to drive around all the time with the big bulky awning hanging off the side of your van.

Link here to the rail.

I've got the short one on my T4 and it works well. Nice to have a little rain gutter over the door too. It was pretty easy to install, helps to have an extra hand if able.
Thanks just watched video looks pretty easy, have a great weekend 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts