VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just bought Fiamma F35 with the fitting brackets that slide in the vw roof rack prep rail, any tips on fitting , i think the rear bracket will have to be modified also did you use Sikaflex. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
my awning was fitted by the converter.the brackets slide into the reimo rail and are bolted to the roof.
i aso have a elevating roof fitted which may have determined which brackets to use.
pm me if you want to pop over and have a look at my brackets.T:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for that, i don't have a poptop or reimo rail the kit i have slides into the genuine vw prep rail which is bolted into the channel on the roof. The instructions say to use additional sikaflex to bond bracket to roof. I just wondered if someone had used that heavy duty double sided tape instead .

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Personally if the instructions say use additional Sikaflex then I would go that way. I know it's probably not going to happen but if the thing came off at 70 miles an hour and seriously hurt someone then saving a few quid just because you used tape is really not worth it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi we fitted ours with those brackets and used the correct sikaflex. It fitted very well with no issues. It would suggest that you do a dry run and fit it without the sikaflex first so that you can put a couple of pencil marks to put it back in exactly the correct place.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, thanks for that, did you alter the rear bracket near side fitting as it is originally made for left hand drive ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts