VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
regarding the waxoyl chaps, is this a eady application to do on the front drive?

I like the idea of it but never used the stuff, more underbody protection is something i would like to do to the bus.

That is one very clean engune bay stu

👍👍👍👍

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Easy peasy fraseb
You need some ramps or jack and stands
Dust sheets a socket set and pliers to remove the plastics
If you dont have an under seal gun and compressor you can buy a hand pump to inject cavities but you can also brush it on all the panels with a cheap paintbrush
Make 100% sure not to get any on your brakes 👍you will probably need to buy some spare retainer clips for the plastics as they often break/fall apart when you take them off

·
Registered
771 Posts
Easy peasy fraseb
You need some ramps or jack and stands
Dust sheets a socket set and pliers to remove the plastics
If you dont have an under seal gun and compressor you can buy a hand pump to inject cavities but you can also brush it on all the panels with a cheap paintbrush
Make 100% sure not to get any on your brakes 👍you will probably need to buy some spare retainer clips for the plastics as they often break/fall apart when you take them off
Nice one mate, looks lime a wee job to fill in an afternoon l.

👍

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Here you are bud

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Do you still want me to water a sheet of steel in my garden tomorrow?
My neighbor's will think im mental :p
I dare say there's a heck of a lot of folks doing random stuff just to keep busy, I've got Planet Rock playing and the amount of people who are re-organising their vinyl collections is nuts!
Interesting read though with the testing (y)

·
Registered
3,052 Posts

Didnt look promising after 24hrs

And washed straight off
  1. 177975
    no idea where you would get the faded factory sticker that should be there and im far from factory anyway 😁

·
Registered
771 Posts
Here you are bud

Cheers Stu, defo give this a go in the weeks ahead .👍

·
Registered
25 Posts
Front and rear bottom arm bushes and a steering arm ... cambelt & pump belt ... crank & cam seals and removed sump and gave it a good clean both inside and out ... Vag pump strip and clean out that worked saved me a few pennys ... done the timing using vagcom drives great but doesn't start great plus there is no yellow line on the graph its saying to retarded thou says from 38-57 on the blocks ???? owe yes used a mini mope on the slam panel you can now see a diamond in a goat **** ;)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Well rear shocks fitted , took me longer to get tools and jack out than to fit shocks 🤣 mind you whoever done up the bolts last time made a fekin good job of it 💪.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts