VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
It does seem like where the most of us sensible folk are abiding by the rules and staying in, the stupid are taking to the streets and driving like there's no speed limits. When I was working on the van on my drive, we had speed bumps on the road as it's a busy cut through with a school on it, and yet some cars were getting air 🤬 I know there's virtually no-one about but I don't want that fudge nugget loosing control and whipping me out.
Was also in the co-op the other getting some bits, obeying the 2m rule only for 2 young lads just walk mm's past me...twice! There really are some "special" people in this world.

·
Registered
523 Posts
  • My other half decided that if we can't get away she would do this so we can look to the future when we can
  • Not her idea as she had seen similar at dub freeze but not bad for 1st try
  • "It's only the trip that matters "
  • (First time posting pic so hope it comes through)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Picked up a washing machine at side of road and decided to make a fire pit with some restraint straps I had
Seen plenty at the shows so thought I would give it a go , it works well at getting rid of garden rubbish
"It's only the boredom that matters " View attachment 179394

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just finished a shelf made from bits I had left over.
Small coffee shelf to clip in a little like the original table.
Shelf starts as the two skins (actually starts as the fabric roll but don’t have any pics of the lay up!)

Gets an aluminium core, bonded together and then it’s a shelf

The clips are bits of 3mm acrylic, bent by melting two lines and folding the acrylic. The. Aluminium corner makes the stopper. Riveted together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Made a plate to replace the cigarette lighter to allow me to connect a portable solar array to the starter battery (below the stereo)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
I just finished a shelf made from bits I had left over.
Small coffee shelf to clip in a little like the original table.
Shelf starts as the two skins (actually starts as the fabric roll but don’t have any pics of the lay up!)

Gets an aluminium core, bonded together and then it’s a shelf

The clips are bits of 3mm acrylic, bent by melting two lines and folding the acrylic. The. Aluminium corner makes the stopper. Riveted together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the shelf it looks well finished , have you thought of doing another and youtubing how you did it ?
So much easier to see than read how

"It's only the thought that matters "

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like the shelf it looks well finished , have you thought of doing another and youtubing how you did it ? "
I hadn’t considered, perhaps I should. . . Not really of the YouTube generation so doesn’t really come naturally to me! I think I also tend to approach these projects in a bit of a hap hazard “I have an idea” way. Not sure how easy it would be for me to film but will give it some thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,204 Posts
Great work!
Personally, I hate YouTube stuff...seems like just another amateur wanting 5 mins of fame by making a video with a constant yabber-yabber about how he managed to bend a piece of plastic to make something else.
A few pics and a good write-up is far better. (y)

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
removed the rear tow eye, cleaned all the rust off It & sprayed satin black.
A job i've been meaning to do ever since I got the bumpers sprayed in Feb, it didn't look quite right with a shiny new bumper and bright orange tow eye just below it!

81 - 100 of 103 Posts