VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

341 - 360 of 361 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Spotted today in a mag in WHSmith T:
Yeh I wasn't sure when it was due to be in so to walk into Smiths and see it as the main feature cover van was ace! Chuffed to bits with the article.

Just had a great weekend in the North Yorkshire Moors to celebrate and then down to Devon on Thursday via friends in Dorset.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Well Done A:

Just picked up this months VWT mag.....looked at the front cover and thought.....i know this van :D
Cheers!

Some pics from the shoot too which are obviously a million times better than anything I've ever taken!

Firstly, surprise!!! LOL:LOL:LOL:

20190802_122059 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

Right Profile by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

750_7136 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

750_7163 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

Rear by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

Probably my fave...

Front Right Station by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

In other news, Reimo rails and Yakima aero bars now live on the roof and have served their purpose following a week in North Devon with the surf boards on top. Colour coded roof box now needed for next summers Euro road trip!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
Updates!

Working backwards from today - went to a cool little meet hosted by the Slambassador and Lowdown guys near St Helens. Its nice to remember people have low vans up here LOL:

Slambassador LDT Meet by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

More pics from the meet I'll shove on Instagram - @daveyboywonder if anyone fancies some more regularly updated van/bike/fishing/dog related stuff...

Next up, I think I'm really reaching the realm of "what shall I do next". Porsche coolant cap... Oil cap will be next! 10% extra power just by fitting that.

10% extra bhp by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

Then had an awesome weekend away last weekend back at our favourite site, Masons at Appletreewick in the Dales. It really is awesome there and despite it being chilly on a night (thats why they hire fire pits!), had a great weekend.

Masons part deux by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

Spot the van by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

And finally, an aerial view of the roof bar setup. Reimo active rails and Yakima aero bars all fitted (didn't fancy drilling holes in my Reimo!) by Exploria Campers in Brighouse. Recommended.

A special end of summer BBQ this coming weekend and then hoping to squeeze in another family weekend trip or two before the winter sets in. But winter = winter plans and this years are........... well, minimal really. Wheels will be refurbed in the spring probably and I'm going to trim all the plastics in the cab with alcantara stuff. Oh and speakers in the back for the kids. Thats about it I think. A cheap winter this year as far as van work goes T:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
Oh, forgot to add, in the pic above is our new Vango Kela. Wanted a smaller driveaway awning than our Khyam Motordone Sleeper and picked this one up cheap locally. Air beam I've never been too fussed with due to the Khyam easy erect system being soo good but this Vango is great. Packs down small(ish), is just the right amount of living space and I can even put it up in the dark on my own LOL:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Went to the special BBQ, met up with friends, finally caught up with @pothole and winter plans blown out the water. Time to get under the van and get it lower 😂

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
Good to see you buddy, I’m still shattered from it. Next up subframe and engine raise for you lol
Deffo need to figure out whats stopping the front going lower. Might take a wing off so I can see easily...

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
Few photos from the aforementioned BBQ.

Awesome to be invited to this for the second year running, hosted by Lowdown Transporters and Transporter HQ.

2019-09-30_08-30-58 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

Journey there was eventful. One of our party had a blowout near Nottingham. Up and running with a new tyre within 90 minutes!

2019-09-30_08-32-13 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

Standard of vans there were through the roof. Best of the best...

2019-09-30_08-32-01 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

2019-09-30_08-31-43 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

And then a few of mine from various photographers who know how to use a camera vs my aim in the general direction with my phone type of thing...

2019-09-30_08-30-47 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

2019-09-30_08-30-31 by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

And one rolling in at drive height...

Drive height by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

Speaking of drive height, it seems to be playing havoc with tyres. Rears done since May! So its back to Novaks in Wakefield soon for full adjustable bushes out back which should a) cure it and b) give the rears a little more room to tuck / reduce chances of lip to arch interfaces!

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
How much are the adjustable bushes Davey??

I've ran many cars too low (static) and have paid the price in tyres,wheel bearings, exhausts ....damaged doors opening them onto curbs etc

I 'beached' one car on a dropped curb at 3am eventually managing to lift it high enough with my shoulder an push it clear ....the neighbours werent impressed LOL:

Ahhhh....the price you pay to look :cool: T:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
Adjustables are generally 200 for both sets (inner and outer which can alter camber and toe). Popped up on Facebook last night someone selling some which had been bought but never been fitted. Decrnt chunk of money saved there!

Away to Cornwall on a fortnight so want to try and get thrm fitted and everything realigned before that...

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Van's looking great! Shame I didn't know about the gathering at Transporter HQ, they're 20 minutes up the road from me. Looked a decent turn out. T:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
Was a good do - invite only though.

Meant to getting bushes done today but they've not turned up so that's canned. Had a look at the tyres last night as VW flagged them as an advisory on the MOT a few weeks ago... literally can't see any wear on them at all. Also flagged an advisory as not being able to see how worn the brakes were due to the wheels. Think it might be the last time I use a main dealer for the MOT...

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
Stunning van, great job, love it on both the bandeds and smoothies.
Cheers. No updates for a while as life has been getting in the way. Needs to go back in for paint in the spring as the rust that was supposedly fixed last May/June time is starting to show again on one of the rear arches. Sounds like cutting the rust out and welding new in is going to be the only way to fix it. Never mind...

Winter mods completed so far: some machined door pins from customveedubs. Thats it! Although I do have some of their awesome shorty mud flaps to fit too. So my quiet winter of modding now looks like the following being done before Spring:
  • adjustable bushes and new rear tyres
  • metal work and paint one side of the van (again)
  • whilst the side is being painted, may as well get the front end done at the same time as its stone chipped to death
  • refurb wheels
  • check the discs and pads are ok (thanks VW Commercials West Yorkshire) :rolleyes:
  • rear speakers
  • alcantara line the lower dash, lower door cards, A and B pillars and cab head lining
Ouch. All worth it though. Still don't regret getting it for a second.

·
Super Moderator
5,287 Posts
Mine seems to have taken a back seat, filled with tools from other jobs at the moment and as dirty as anything. Have given it a couple of runs over the last couple of weeks but she’s seriously been neglected. Still thinking about colour coding mine and changing the wheels for 20s also want to go the H&r anti roll bars and poly front bushes and adjustable rears. So little spare time to do it though.

look forwards to seeing the updates on yours at one of this seasons shows

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #360
Mine seems to have taken a back seat, filled with tools from other jobs at the moment and as dirty as anything. Have given it a couple of runs over the last couple of weeks but she’s seriously been neglected. Still thinking about colour coding mine and changing the wheels for 20s also want to go the H&r anti roll bars and poly front bushes and adjustable rears. So little spare time to do it though.

look forwards to seeing the updates on yours at one of this seasons shows
Similar here - so many things going on at the minute that being outside and messing with the van is low down my list of priorities. Told myself that there'll be no more sitting on my **** in front of the telly after work this year so time to start stripping bits of the interior ready for trimming. I can trim stuff sat in front of the telly instead :)

Deffo catch up at a show Lee. Looks like Volksworld may be a mega turn out for LDT? Hoping to get to that.

341 - 360 of 361 Posts