VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

361 - 369 of 369 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,313 Posts
If I can get to volksworld it will only be for the Friday night and sat day time. Got to keep the wife sweet as it’s mother’s day on the Sunday

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
No updates for ages so thought I'd shove something on now we're in the middle of a coronavirus lockdown (aka awesome time to get some work done on the van!).

Had the adjustable bushes fitted at Novaks so the van drives spot on now and hopefully won't chew tyres for fun. Unfortunately due to the rear wheels being dead straight now, the rear arches are sat on the tyres when its aired out. So, decisions... do I:
a) run more camber and risk killing tyres again
b) live with it
c) try and fit smaller tyres
d) use it an excuse to buy new wheels

Fifteen52s by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

So yeh :p

They needed a refurb so gone in today for a new powdercoat, set of spacers are on the way from Tamar Wheels so fitting later in the week. Looking forward to it.

Then its into the bodyshop to get the rear arch sorted which is now descending into a rusty mess.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Good to hear from you Davey , was just this safto i was looking at a set of 52's :cool:
Our other motor runs a set very similar already (y).
Watching your progress with interest. :geek:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
Cheers - done a grand total of nothing I'd planned on doing over the winter so its nice to start things moving again.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
I prefer them to 3sdm's ...whats happened to the smoothies ?

Tucked up in the garage for now. No point in advertising them now and to be honest, I'm going to keep them I think at least until I get the Fifteen52s working right although I'm not even sure I can go out and work on the van on the driveway with the things are at the minute. Might try and clear the front of the garage and pull the front end of the van in a bit...

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
We're lucky in that we've got acres of space to play with (nothing under cover mind you) .
We also work from home though so at least for now we're still working and still not getting stuff done on the van. :rolleyes:

361 - 369 of 369 Posts