VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Edge-Effect, yep. White units, dark worktop and cranberry seats... Need to get some proper pics of it sorted out.

+ another job in addition to the above... get the front down a touch more...

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Another little bit done today. My Pioneer Nav came with a fixed USB in cable. Not ideal as I'd rarely use it. Anyway, decided to make it easier to use and neater than just running it into the glove box. So...

Remove one standard dash tray like this:

And fit a California one like this with the 12v hidden socket:

Ah but what about the USB? Well since the 12v socket doesn't come included with the tray, I fabbed up my own little USB socket so now I can plug a USB key into this and play music off it if I want!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Oh, and installed the bluetooth mic. Dead easy- behind the glove box, up the passenger A-pillar and across the top to sit just above the mirror. Removed the clips etc so its just the mic itself and it sits very, very discretely at the top of the windscreen. Can only see it if you lean right forward and look up. Just what I wanted - keep everything looking clean and OEM. Can't stand having things like microphones and USB sockets visible, sticking out your dash and stuff...

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Debadged the rear end today. Did the TDI badge first as I debadged my old Octy vRS and it left a kind of ridge around where the letters had been. Not too noticable on a black car but on a big silver van it'd have stood out a mile. No such problem though and cracked on and did the transporter badge too - nice smooth back end now :db

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Cheers! We're well chuffed with it. Going to get expensive though as I've already got some new coilovers planned for it to replace the cheap Pro Sports and I might get some slightly smaller wheels...

·
Registered
706 Posts
So, few things. Had a last minute dash over to North Wales on Saturday afternoon and had a night in the van on my own. Awoke to this on Sunday morning, then did nearly 3000ft of climbing (and 3000ft of descending!!) in 2.5 hours and 20 miles and then drove home. Two guys in a nice Golf slowed and took some pics of the van on the way home on the M56!

3000ft of climbing in 2.5 hrs over 20 miles... Sounds like the Marin Trail??.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Beast @ Coed-y-Brenin. Have to ride the marin again some time. Not dine it for years.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You need to up the game on pictures though Dave, a thing of this beauty shouldn't be hidden away haha I: interior and more outside pics needed T: sure there will be a few new screen savers on a lot of screens Rasp:

·
Registered
251 Posts
So, few things. Had a last minute dash over to North Wales on Saturday afternoon and had a night in the van on my own. Awoke to this on Sunday morning, then did nearly 3000ft of climbing (and 3000ft of descending!!) in 2.5 hours and 20 miles and then drove home. Two guys in a nice Golf slowed and took some pics of the van on the way home on the M56!

To-do list:
- definitely need to sort the microphone out for the bluetooth but got a plan of where thats going now and how to do it
- MFSW next up after that. Been keeping an eye on eBay and loads of choice so wheel, loom and coding and I should be laughing. May even get VCDS so I can have a play around with some other stuff...

And a spec of the van:
- originally an 84ps 2.0CR mapped to somewhere in the region of 160bhp. Once its moving it flies for such a big thing!
- Pro Sport coilovers
- 22" Overfinch RR wheels
- ABT bumper/Caravelle grill
- full custom conversion including Smev hob/sink, Waeco fridge freezer, Vohringer white units, Reimo roof and bed, Smart Beds Evo bed, twin captains chains up front and all trimmed in cranberry leather and alcantara

= a very happy me :)
How you find the 22" wheels ! How do they ride, I've had 20" before and didn't find them to bad, I really like the look of 22s

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks for the comments!
The 22s are fine. I think the pretty harsh ride of the coilovers affects it much, much more which is why I'm getting Bilsteins asap in the new year.
Not sure of the exact drop it's got at the minute but there are plenty of threads left to take them down further. It's a bit rear down at the minute so need to get the front down to match. And yes, decent pics on the way!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
No pics (yet) but an update.

Ordered a mk5 Golf interior light with the seperate map lights which is a straight swap and some LEDs to fit that and the rear number plate. They should be here next week sometime...

Next on the list is another quick and easy mod - pressed plates. Ran these on my last few cars and really like them.

Then its onto the serious stuff into the new year. Bilstein B14s will be getting fitted around the end of March, MFSW will be getting fitted sometime before that and I'm still in two minds about wheels. Maybe a drop down to 20"s...

Other stuff? There are little things like I want to trim my gear and handbrake gaitors in the same colour leather or alcantara the seats are trimmed with and despite liking the ABT splitter because its different, I can't get away from the fact I like the agressiveness of the Sportline one a bit more. Then I'm going to do some work under the bonnet - black OEM caps, Porsche oil cap maybe and engine cover.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Nothing much happening at the minute apart from using it!

Green light given for new suspension around March time - Bilstein B14s still slightly edging the H&R Ultralows I think.
Looking around for a MFSW as well at the minute and need to check if I need a new control module for it to work.
Also seen some lights at Autocraft Leisure (and subsequently on eBay etc) which I quite fancy.

In bad news... winds the other night blew a load of corrugated plastic sheet off a nearby roof which got wedged between the van and our wall and on the towbar. The scuffs down the side should polish out but the rear bumper will need paint and I'm going to get the front re-done at the same time as there is a bit of laquer peeling under the grill.

Booked in for Camper Jam - aiming to really have it ramped up a notch by the time that rolls around!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
MFSW incoming :)

£40 bargain (assuming its good - was an eBay purchase so hopefully it'll be in good nick). I'm amazed at some people on there. The exact same wheel but listed as a T5 wheel went on eBay for £160 or something last week. Just need to check BCM etc now and get it fitted up although reading the subjects on it on here, it looks pretty damn confusing! It seems though that I may be able to enable all the stuff like MPG etc on the display as well - an added bonus I wasn't aware of.

Hoping to get some time this weekend to give it a really good clean and wax the whole thing which its in desperate need of. After which, photo time!!!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well for £40, I got a bargain. Now to get it fitted and coded :)

Bilstein B14s coming in the next 6 weeks or so...

21 - 40 of 369 Posts