VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2.0 aac and had the classic poor running issues for the last 6 months,stalling,backfiring,fuel consumption of a v8,finally fixed it today,2 issues,the vacuum pipes I bought were actually 2mm not 3mm,that'll teach me for buying cheap hose off eBay,so got some good quality samco 3mm hose and after hours of searching old posts on forum stumbled upon a diagram of how the vacuum hoses should be thinking mine arn't like that so bough a t piece and re-routed pipe from fuel pressure regulator to meet inlet pipe to ecu as it was connected to pipe above manifold,blanked the old vacuum hose connector off and hey presto all running issues sorted,so satisfying!! and it cost me a massive £7.30 and the cherry on top is I have been saving for a visit to the local vw dealer after x-mas as was getting to the end of my tether with it so now have £400 to spend on the van instead of fixing it,think a new set of wheels is in order!

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
...and thank you for posting , as your fix is one which will help others before they go to a garage where it may take many hours of time especially if they are not familiar with this VW petrol engine T:

*<:)>enjoy your 'less expensive' Happy Christmas *<:)>

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha ha,I will thanks,already seen a nice set of 17x8's,the missus thinks we should go on a mini break instead,I dont think so! Big thanks to the forum as well as I would never of figured it out without the wealth of knowledge on here,when I first got the van I had no idea about VW engines but after who knows how many hours reading I think I've got a pretty good knowledge of my engine now

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Vacuum pipes are the cheapest fix of all but mostly overlooked..........if you compare it to an electrical diagram they are the wires joining all the major components together.........they deliver the signals to control the correct running of your engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts