VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After three months of umming and raring we've ordered a van to replace our 05 Vito (swear word) we went for SWB panel van Olympic blue 180ps high line with a lot of trimmings I: can't wait to see the xenon lights :cool:

Does any body know if you get a spare wheel or do you have to pay more for this ?

We plan on rear spoiler and lowering when it arrives to the dealers, possibly going side steps and sport line chin spoiler later see how she looks in the flesh first.

10 week wait now if its on time

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steel spare and tyre comes as standard, see page 67 of of brochure

https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/media/56415/transporter_brochure.pdf

I have a black 140ps swb highline on order

Currently in a transit hire van as my T5 has been shunted in the rear, not a pleasant experience, the difference is immense
The new transit or old ( both are ####) I have a black T5 now and it's hard work to keep clean and it shows any slight mark or dent I've been told silver is best but I like the dark colours I really wanted raven blue but not available not even special order :*

·
Registered
1,544 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
How good are they compare to the normal head lights ? I know they are a lot brighter but in terms of distance , do they cover a lot greater area ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
After three months of umming and raring we've ordered a van to replace our 05 Vito (swear word) we went for SWB panel van Olympic blue 180ps high line with a lot of trimmings I: can't wait to see the xenon lights :cool:

Does any body know if you get a spare wheel or do you have to pay more for this ?

We plan on rear spoiler and lowering when it arrives to the dealers, possibly going side steps and sport line chin spoiler later see how she looks in the flesh first.

10 week wait now if its on time
10 weeks - good luck with that.....! I hope it does turn up in 10 week but from experience of buying the my last 3 vans they are taking longer and longer to be delivered - the latest is now 10 months and still waiting

·
Registered
691 Posts
Like night and day big improvement
Still have H1on main beam. Which give a yellow light compared to HID lights so upgrade helps sort this T:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
10 weeks - good luck with that.....! I hope it does turn up in 10 week but from experience of buying the my last 3 vans they are taking longer and longer to be delivered - the latest is now 10 months and still waiting
Yes I agree I'm not over confident with the extras etc it possibly be longer before summer ends would be good, it's my own fault for stalling 3 months :confused:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
My Highlines even 180 have been taking 10 weeks sometimes less so I think you should be OK
Cant get enough of them
The higher the spec the easier they sell
I suspect I will have half a dozen Sportline Kombi within a few weeks
Already have two spare, one with Xenon

The Xenon is amazing
Everyone looks at the LED in the day
And at night it allows you to push on harder
Will try and take some pics today of mine
outside but its raining a bit

·
Registered
54 Posts
My Highlines even 180 have been taking 10 weeks sometimes less so I think you should be OK
Cant get enough of them

The Xenon is amazing

Good to hear the highlines are coming through quickly

·
Registered
691 Posts
I've been thinking of changing the halogen bulb that comes on with main beam for an hid kit, I did this in my previous Disco3 and it made a huge difference T:
Now there's a thought. ,changes my main beam for Phillip vision plus mad a big improvement
But hid kit would be even better :D
Anyone know which hid bulb vw use. Upgrade would be good job to ,not cheap though !!!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cant get enough of them

The Xenon is amazing
10 week would be good, the sales man seems confident on the time scale A: if the spec is good im thinking of swapping my sportline for one, the long wheel base is a waste on me as we have not used it at all for camping and the wife is reluctant to drive it :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts