VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,203 Posts
Yeah, so we're totally off topic here!

The Salisbury didn't cure the problem!

I sold it to my brother who was in the RAF at the time.....he swapped the axle, and again, and a 3rd time...LOL
Didn't cost him...he was using "spare parts" at the time...I:

Yep...it's NOT the bhp....it's down to torque.....NO idea what mine was giving, but obviously too much for the std rear axle.

MY S3 was also a VERY subtle conversion....
Headers were custom made by a "race car" manufacturer....into a std looking 2.6 exhaust.

Only problem with being a "stealth" was.....I had it painted Daktari Zebra striped!!!

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/Or_GazM/media/cGF0aDovWmVicmFfenBzZmRkMDQ4MmEuanBn/?ref=

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dear all, it gives me great pleasure to introduce the new PP-HT !

We have had a number of customers use it and it is proving to be very popular.

So far the power figures are chiming in at up to 217 bhp.

This is a direct replacement with no messing or faffing with bulkheads, the unit simply bolts right up to the stock exhaust manifold and there is no need to alter or adjust anything else - it fits just like the standard turbo does and uses the same oil feed and return pipes.

The tech bits - The Hybrid is made from only OEM or better than OEM spec parts and includes the following -

-Larger K14 Compressor Housing
-K14 Turbine Shaft
-Uprated thrust Bearing
-Larger Compressor Wheel
-Clipped and Re-profiled Exhaust Turbine
-Optional Billet custom compressor wheel

With regards to the benefits -

This turbo can be used either as a performance upgrade or can be used as a beefier stock replacement turbo, unlike the standard turbo the PP-HT can boost to 1.75 Bar as opposed to 1.0 Bar.

For performance applications it is best used in combination with the PP1 / PP1 Xtraflo injectors, our 2.5 inch Performance Exhaust System and our 2.5 Inch down pipe that removes the biggest restriction in the exhaust tract by removing the cast iron exhaust elbow. The net result is an engine that can be tuned to up to 217 bhp and will rev very freely.

The turbo can be used in a number of different application, either with or without the downpipe, it can be used with PP1 and PP0.5 injectors too. The illustration above is the maximum performance so far.

This turbo / kit is for use ont he T4 2.5TDI - either AJT or ACV, it canbe bought as a standalone unit or as a kit comprising of the PP-HT, PP1 or PP1 Xtraflo injectors, 2.5 inch downpipe and 2.5 inch exhaust.

IMAGES -

Could you let me know what price you are currently selling the new hybrid turbo's for please Rake? Sorry been out of the loop for a few years! Thanks Aaron

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Rake. I have an 88 hp 2.5 with 190k on the original Stanadyne injectors. Could you send me a price for the pp0.5 replacements?
I also have a set of Bosch injectors from a Volvo v70. Would it, in your opinion be a better option to go pp1? I’m after more torque and better drivability loaded/ towing than higher hp. I do plan on fitting an intercooler.
Many thanks, Chris

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hi Rake. I have an 88 hp 2.5 with 190k on the original Stanadyne injectors. Could you send me a price for the pp0.5 replacements?
I also have a set of Bosch injectors from a Volvo v70. Would it, in your opinion be a better option to go pp1? I’m after more torque and better drivability loaded/ towing than higher hp. I do plan on fitting an intercooler.
Many thanks, Chris
Don't want to stir again a debate but just replying to this chap post- i do hope its not against the rules...
Use the volvo injectors -if you already have them- as they will fuel up to 180 Bhp with long duration so plenty scope for tuning with them on. One fuel pipe needs carefull bending and notice that the pintle needle injector doesn't go in the same spot as with the stanadyne injectors...Pump will need adjusting by either new tune or by doing the "hammer mod", watch your clutch as it will slip with increased torque. Its a downhill ride from here...

·
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Many thanks, Chris
hi Chris, I’ll message you with a price. I would say that if you are willing to have a remap then PP1 would be the way to go.

I would refrain from using the Volvo injectors as they will already have significant wear on them and we regularly advice that it’s False economy to use worn and tired injectors. The number of people who have come back to is when their Volvo units don’t perform as expected is significant.

I would advise you send them to us we would put them through the PP1 process and return them in as new condition fitted with brand new equivalent nozzles for total peace of mind.

if you ever wanted more power in the future - with some additional mods they go as far as 180-195 bhp

regards

ron

·
Registered
865 Posts
I would love to see a wear/spray test on a genuine set of made in france/germany or italy set of nozzles and a new set of chinese made nozzles...Many finish friends find new nozzles have inconsistent spray patterns and don't last long even with DLC coatings on the needles...ULSD doesnt do them any favour IMHO !
I had an old ford fiesta courier diesel van(1.8d IDI engine) i used to run on veggie oil long before folk apprehended that it could burn in the engine(20 years ago or more), i had 2 sets of bosch injectors...back in the day you had to pay the council to take your scrap car away so i bought a running spare van just for rear axle (torsion bars used to snap on them and were very difficult to swap by garages so 2nd hand rear axle was the easy option) and engine... Anyway i decided to buy genuine new nozzles from parts department factory shop at Dagenham Motors in Essex, they were made in india Bosch, trully shite, i had really hard starts in the morning and decided to swap back old nozzles... Quality of old europeean nozzles was a lot, lot higher than new,genuine tat from india ! Ford didn't take them back and i continued to use old nozzles on my van made in europe 'till i sold the van to some pikey who used to rob post offices with it...and made me some problems as i gave him the whole logbook as he claimed it was a trader !
Since then i am reluctant to buy cheap as i know there is not such thing as value for money as people don't pay for quality unless they spend money twice !

·
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
You are most welcome to visit us and find out.

dlc coatings are superficial at best and a marketing scheme

our nozzles have been performing for many many years I have specific feedback from customers who have bought over 90,000 miles on the vehicles and are still experiencing the same performance as they had when they first installed our injectors.

Our philosophy has always been achievable affordable reliable performance and we have achieved just what we set out to do.

to bring the thread back on topic we have just updated The hybrid Turbo design and indications are that the updates are very successful I’ll update the thread as soon as we have more results.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts